About This Employer
Corporate Office profile
Gene Bicknell founded NPC International, Inc., (NPC) in 1962 when he opened his first Pizza HutÂ® restaurant in Pittsburg, Kansas.
As one of the original franchisees of Pizza HutÂ®, Gene expanded the concept aggressively in the Company's franchise territories, largely in the southeastern United States. NPC went public in 1984, with 94 Pizza HutÂ® restaurants in nine states and over $35 million in sales. This helped the Company obtain the additional capital necessary to meet the Company's growth plans.
The Company expanded the Pizza HutÂ® concept to over 350 units with over $113 million in sales by fiscal 1990 through the development of franchise territories and acquisition of units from other franchisees.
In November 1989, the Company acquired Skipper's, Inc., which owned and operated 172 quick service seafood restaurants and franchised 30 quick service seafood restaurants in 12 western states and British Columbia. NPC divested Skipper's in March 1996.
In 1993, the Company acquired Tony Roma's, A Place for RibsÂ®. This was the Company's first entry into the casual dining segment. Tony Roma's reputation was worldwide with 149 domestic and international restaurants with approximately $205 million in system-wide sales.
Accordingly, the Company changed its name from National Pizza Company to NPC International, Inc., in July 1994, to more accurately reflect its diversification and worldwide presence.
After growing the Tony Roma's concept to over 190 restaurants around the world with system-wide sales exceeding $350 million, NPC recapitalized Tony Roma's in June of 1998 and today retains a minority interest in the business. This transaction allowed the company to better focus its human and financial resources on its core business, Pizza HutÂ®.
On August 31, 2001, the Company's stockholders approved a merger through which the company went private.
The Company has enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and now operates approximately 800 Pizza HutÂ® restaurants in 26 states. NPC is the largest Pizza HutÂ® franchisee in the world and was ranked 47th in Nation's Restaurant News recent Top 100 U.S. Foodservice Companies.
NPC International's Chairman/CEO office is located at 100 N. Pine, Pittsburg, KS 66762. The Restaurant Service Office is located at 720 W. 20th Street, Pittsburg, KS 66762. NPC's Executive Office is located in Lenexa, KS at 14400 College Boulevard, Suite 201, 66215.
Why People Like to Work for Us
We are committed to being the leading pizza provider in every market by making and serving the best pizza in America, providing our customers with outstanding service and providing our employees the resources necessary for success.
- CUSTOMERS: We believe our customers are #1. We will exhibit a sense of caring and urgency to our customers' needs through exceptional service and the highest quality products served in a clean and inviting atmosphere.
- EMPLOYEES: We believe our employees are our most valuable asset. We will recognize our people for what they do. We will help them share in the company's success, which they make possible. We will recognize individual achievements and will help employees gain a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment in their work. We believe our people are our strength, and that their involvement and teamwork are essential to our company.
- COMMUNITIES: We are proud of our role in the community. We will take an active role in the lives of our communities through providing jobs and assistance to worthy causes of community interest.
- STAKEHOLDERS: We understand that financial results are the ultimate measure of how we perform.
- Types of properties we operate
- Free Standing Restaurant
- Types of locations include
- Major Cities, Small Cities, Suburban, Small Towns
- We have properties located in
- Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington
- Portfolio summary
- We operate a total of 800 properties.