106 Room Hotel profile
Across from the Block Island Ferry, the Lighthouse Inn is a fun, casual Beach Hotel located in an authentic fishing village of Galilee, RI. It's the perfect Location to relax and enjoy southern Rhode Island!
Great beaches, seafood houses, fishing charters, the Pt. Judith salt pond, ice cream and gift shops, local pubs with live music and plenty of sea air, seagulls and sunshine are waiting for you at the Lighthouse Inn of Galilee.
Bask in the seaside way of life!
The Lighthouse Inn is located in the heart of Galilee, the southernmost point of Narragansett, RI.
All rooms have traditional cherrywood furnsihings.
Inn Amenities include:
- 100 Poolside and Harborside Rooms
- New Restaurant:
- Point Judith Oyster Bar & Grill
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily.
- Large, heated, indoor pool - 10 ft deep
- Game Room, Soda and Ice machines.
- Plenty of free parking
- Banquet room seating for up to 140 persons privately with additional seating options available.
Must Do List:
- Walk to the Beach for a relaxing day in the sun
- Cruise to Block Island to experience "One of the Last Great Places." Spend a day on Block Island's beautiful sandy beaches, in the area boutiques, or on mopeds touring the Island.
- Spend the day and night Fishing!
- Walk to the Pt. Judith salt pond to go clamming, kayaking or exploring!.
- Walk to the nearby pubs in Galilee for some great live music and drinks.
- Take a few hours to visit the Pt. Judith lighthouse and Cronin's beach & fishing area, a 2.7 mile bike ride away.
- Sample the RI clam cakes and chowder at all the eateries in the village.
- Shop in the souvenir shops along the waterfront. Don't forget the ice cream, taffy or fudge!
- Relax in the beauty of one of our famous sunsets.
- Go whale watching. Boats leave from Pt. Judith/Galilee daily.
- Walk along the docks and watch the daily catches being unloaded from the charter or fishing boats.
- Wet a line from the dock, the beach or on a charter fishing boat.
- Bird watch in the 130-acre Galilee Bird Sanctuary or salt pond.
- Launch your boat from the Great Island Bridge boat ramp- just up the street.
- Head back to the hotel and jump in the pool!
Three unique beaches nearby:
- Salty Brine State Beach, a 3 minute walk from hotel. *Brand new 2010 - eco friendly showers and concession stands.
- George’s Beach, right outside George's restaurant, a 3 minute walk from our hotel.
- Captain Roger Wheeler State Beach, a 1 minute drive from hotel. The wide sandy beach and calm waters here are perfect for young children..
The Lighthouse Inn is a destination. There are three beaches nearby, restaurants, pubs, charter fishing boats, whale watching cruises, a huge salt pond, a state dock, a lighthouse and access to Block Island via the Ferry.
The University of Rhode Island and The Ryan Center- less than 7 miles away.
Newport, Providence and other coastal destinations in South County - nearby
Seagulls are an important part of our local ecosystem but as such we do apologize in advance, on behalf of our seagulls, for any mess they may make on your vehicle.
Guest service is our top priority!
Local Restaurants & More
George's- within walking distance, water view
Champlins -within walking distance, water view
The Tavern offers local entertainment across the street from the Lighthouse Inn.
The Inn is a Great base for a coastal vacation.
Take day trips to nearby attractions:
- Newport and the Newport Mansions
- Downtown Providence
- Mystic, CT, the Aquarium and Historic Seaport
- Newport Grand, Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun
Stay a week and save on nighly rates!