As our Night Auditor, you will be responsible for the daily reporting and balancing of all revenue and settlement accounts.
What you can help us do: Balance room, restaurant and bar daily work, balance charges and settlements in a timely and efficient manner, maintain files and reset the systems for next day operations.
What you will be doing
Your every day:
- Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
- Run audit reports/journals from all computer profit centers and outlets.
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout their shift.
- Input onto the PC revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day’s operations.
- Ensure all reports and back-up vouchers are complete and filed properly.
- Ensure all necessary copies of documents/back-up and reports of daily work are distributed to the proper person (i.e. A/R, A/P, and Payroll).
- Review and correct discrepancies in the Front Desk System.
- Coordinate with the front desk and restaurants/bars closing to facilitate a smooth operation of file maintenance and reset of system totals for next day operations.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Millennium from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully support with the Hotel’s Shared Values for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate the Hotel Shared Values will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
- Knowledge of accounting operations to include all aspects such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.
- Basic Mathematical skills and ability to operate a 10-key by touch.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to understand and communicate with associates and guests. Must have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
- High School Diploma required
- Previous front desk/guest services experience a must with one-year experience in a similar size hotel operation required.
- Prior night audit experience preferred.
- Previous Opera and Micros experience a plus.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.