This hotel will provide you the venue to utilize all your expertise in property engineering, leadership, and preventative maintenance. Do you enjoy history? Respect the architecture of yesteryear? This hotel is at the site of the former bank at One Exchange Place. Start today and see the final stages of this transformation in downtown Jersey City. This 258 room Hyatt is currently assembling the core management opening team with the supporting hourly roles to follow in the next few months.. This is your opportunity to put your stamp on this new property coming to this desired market. Work alongside the builders/developers and the General Contractor as the final touches are placed on this new Hyatt hotel.
- Enjoy competitive pay, great benefits, bonus plan, 401K program as well as tuition reimbursement! Our Concord hotel complimentary room program and Brand discounted room policy and more. Enjoy a culture where associates are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Additionally, you’ll attend our Leadership Development Training for one week training in Raleigh, NC as part of our commitment to your growth. Utilize your talents with a Company that cares about YOU!
Responsible for the Maintenance Department Operations, ensuring company standards are adhered to. Duties are inclusive of preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times, set example for all hotel associates.
- Training, motivation development, and review of all engineering staff, keeping in step with our company’s objective of the professional development of our associates, and a positive work environment. It is important that the Chief Engineer understands all functions of his/her staff, and can complete those functions in the associate’s absence
- Ensure fulfillment of preventative maintenance program to specific brand standards.
- Inspect guest rooms after Preventative Maintenance. Review any problems with the PM mechanic and recheck room/suite before releasing to Housekeeping/Front Office.
- Maintain a current inventory of all supplies.
- Maintain a work order assignment program for completed and pending work orders. Prioritize and complete work orders in a timely manner. Monitor all deficiencies. Communicate to the requesting party upon completion when needed.
- Maintain a Maintenance Work Order Log.
- Repair HVAC as required; and clean HVAC coils semi-annually or as required.
- Repair appliances as required.
- Ensure implementation and compliance of brand standard key control policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Check Smoke Alarms throughout hotels on a scheduled basis according to brand standards.
- Ensure routine preventive maintenance on equipment is done. This is including, but not limited to laundry equipment, heating, and air condition units, ice machines, fire extinguishers, fire/smoke alarms, lawn sprinklers, fire equipment and plumbing. These are performed as required by the manufacturer and in accordance with the warranty specifications.
- Ensure swimming pool and spa maintenance duties are performed according to manufacturer specifications and local Health Department Regulations.
- Maintain the hotel grounds; curb appeal, and building exteriors consistently.
- Develop and maintain maintenance department programs to assure that the Quality Assurance Program for each brand criteria are met.
- Develop department employee attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest and associate needs.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests. Constant and effective communication required.
- Assist the General Manager in resolving guest concerns.
- Educate and lead all department personnel on emergency procedures, key control, safety, and life safety precautions.
Concord Hospitality earned the recognition of GREAT PLACES TO WORK title as well as our recent acknowledgement of Great Places to Work for Millennials and Great Places to Work for Women!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free work environment