The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the coordination of all marketing activities, website maintenance and analytics, email campaign management including design conception and facilitation and social media content generation for the entire portfolio of hotels and one independent rooftop bar. This position will manage the day-to-day departmental responsibilities relative to designing, creating, and delivering online marketing programs to support the growth and expansion of the hotel portfolio to include social media presence, identification of process improvements, defining procedures and collaborating with Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management teams in the execution of effective online marketing strategies.
The initial goal is to develop a digital media marketing plan (to include Social Media) that incorporates Brand Development, Identification of business objectives, Visual Designing, Web improvement and Search Engine Optimization, content generation, promotions, engagement and conversion strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing hotels.
- Build, administer and execute the company’s digital and social media marketing strategies through competitive research.
- Collaborate between departments to oversee collateral development and manage brand presence across all hotels.
- Work closely with corporate support and ownership to accomplish marketing initiatives.
- Contribute in the areas of PR, community participation, and brand development.
- Liaise with printing vendor on behalf of all departments (menus, in-room collateral, sales & marketing collateral, etc.).
- Ensure superior guest engagement as well as increase website traffic and revenue by strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media and digital marketing roadmap.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans geared to revise social media content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Work with respective hotel brands to identify digital marketing opportunities and ensure brand consistency and compliance throughout the portfolio.
- Monitor, oversee and collaborate with Hotel brands on their digital marketing programs.
- Provide design and direction for collateral, web, promotional packaging, and other visual communications media for the company.
- Identify, develop and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and customer references. Leverage customer insight data to refine brand management.
- Develop and implement media planning, buying and innovation strategies.
- Make updates to the property’s web-site and ensure all web sections are accurate, current and effective.
- Work in concert with hotel’s sales team and Revenue Management to maximize marketing opportunities and distribute special offer campaigns.
- Create and distribute e-mail campaigns with support from hotel DOS.
- Coordinate local advertising placements and web links.
- Monitor review websites including Trip Advisor, Yahoo Travel, Google, etc.
- Coordinate marketing and PR related to special events.
- Optimize processes for guests data capture ensuring that PMS and dining data is integrated.
- Ensure all hotels consistently post on all Social Media channels regularly, providing followers with updates and respond to interactions and reviews.
- Create and analyze reports on campaign effectiveness in an effort to maximize results.
- Perform and coordinate other tasks as required.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
- Prepares periodic reports for management as necessary or requested.
- Assist with reporting and processing of marketing campaigns and budget expenditures.
- Ability to partner with managers to provide Marketing support in developing and executing plans that optimize organizational design and development, employee development and employee relations.
- Plan and attend employee and corporate events/functions. Events include informational meetings, strategy sessions and sales meetings.
- Conduct research, accessing information from various sources, analyze data and make recommendations.
- Participate in mandatory job training and meetings.
- Demonstrate positive company supporting characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed company goals.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a solid understanding of social media channels and search engines and know how to optimize content so that it is engaging and optimizes sea. (Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest Etc.).
- Have excellent knowledge of SEO, DRM, Google Analytics and other quantifiable metrics that yield ROI.
- Solid understanding of development for dynamic websites and/or Content Management Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have active knowledge of social media websites, search engine optimization, .
- Experience providing administrative support to executive staff
- Prior hospitality experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and written) with all associates.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to apply good judgment to carry out instructions.
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- College graduate or any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Preferably, one to two years of experience in hotel brand management, online marketing, advertising, and/or public relations strategies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to follow verbal directives and apply to multiple projects
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, experience with adhoc reporting tools, and applicable industry and field related software.
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving and time management skills for the purpose of troubleshooting, prioritizing and quickly resolving issues.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, high energy and demanding work environment.
- Must have proficient skills with use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to use Internet for research.
- Dedicated, hard-working, self-motivated to work independently with little guidance.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Must be highly engaged as a team player, yet be able to perform independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, strong administrative skills and creative problem solving is a must.
- Carry out all reasonable requests by team leaders and managers and act as a team player with all levels of staff.
- Adhere to requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook and/or other property documents.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking and communicating.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; regularly use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk and hear. The employee may be required to stand (up to 8 hours daily), walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- The employee may occasionally be asked to move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Employee is required to wear a Safety Support Belt when lifting any weight over 25 pounds.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and associates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.