Develop, market, coordinate and solicit business as related to all meeting/event business. Responsible for servicing all business booked and must ensure that customer requirements and specifications are adhered to and that functions run smoothly, efficiently and profitably to ensure customer satisfaction.
Duties allocate 50% to Sales effort, 40% to event servicing and 10% to administration/execution.
- Solicit and promote meeting/event business through aggressive and creative advertising, cold-calling, contacting past customers, relationships with local businesses and other activities.
- Conduct property tours with existing and walk-in clients. Promote facilities and services. Answer customer inquiries and request for proposals (both phone and electronic versions) in a timely fashion.
- Negotiate final pricing, prepare contracts and event orders. Secure client signatures as required. Obtain all specifications and pertinent information concerning the event, including but not limited to, number attending, schedule of events and menu. Upsell when appropriate. Work with internal departments as needed to ensure cost effectiveness, creative décor and menus to exceed customer expectations.
- Ensure proper payment method and deposit collection on all groups. Audit client checks to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner. This includes entry of information into our database.
- Inspect event room prior to the start of each function – check room setup, menu, service staff, etc. conforms to function sheet. Continually observe, direct and assist staff where necessary during the entire event. Ensure that all the details as per the functions sheet are performed.
- Greet customers prior to the start of each function and be present throughout the event to assist where needed.
- Ensure intradepartmental communication by attending Banquet Event Order Meeting, Operations Meeting Resume and other Hotel meetings.
- Perform other duties as required such as attending outside VIP social events, trade shows and membership organization related networking events/meetings.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customer, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Use mathematical skill to Interpret financial information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Delphi and OPERA experience preferred.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Past hotel sales experience preferred.
- Local candidates preferred.
Compensation: $15.00 - DOE