Develop Our Marketing Strategy!
1. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Develop research-based marketing and Public Relations strategies for all design, advertising in traditional and digital channels, working within Corporate defined international marketing and public relations brand standards, creating effective and engaging social media campaigns in all channels and obtaining notable awards and ranking by top travel industry writers and companies. Build effective local, regional and international marketing and PR campaigns that will create interest and awareness of our brand products in each of the segments within existing and new markets. Insure that annual marketing plans and strategic plans are updated monthly, quarterly and as needed in order to insure they are effective in strengthening our hotel product positioning and our brand’s global marketing objectives. Serve as champion and guardian of our brand marketing standards thoughout the hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
· Develop and champion the implementation of monthly, quarterly, annual marketing and P.R. strategies for each segment and F&B outlets, club lounge, hotel leisure services and to support hotel overall business objectives.
· Direct the design, prioritization, and implementation of all marketing activities to ensure increased consumer demand, maintaining a rolling annual strategic horizon aligned with our business goals.
· Develop and or revise as needed strategies based on current market trends and research, related to: distribution; brand integrity; standards; marketing support systems and product innovation.
· Develop and oversee engaging campaigns in each social media platforms( i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, etc.) in order to continuously generate content that balance hard sale post with; local , historic relevant to our hotel, news worthy and industry interesting content in order to maintain audience engaged and awareness of our specific hotel and InterContinental brand
· Implement a content editorial calendar to manage specific content to each social media platform and create and publish updated content to meet followers needs
· Review on a monthly basis (by way of checklist ) all of our HCM and our Independent website content, information and photos and other major booking sources and channels in order to ensure accurate, updated and the best positioning on all above websites
· Manage and supervise the independent hotel website in order to ensure accuracy of content and layout relevant to seasonality, special campaigns and packaging, testimonial & video needs, menus, etc.
· Create Ad campaigns (to be used in social media and other relevant sites/forums) including special promotions and packages that cover upcoming booking windows and are targeted to our current customer profiles, new potential customers within key source markets that are both local and or geographically relevant.
· Administer and supervise Google ads to ensure highest visibility and the most productive positions within search engines
· Work closely with Director of Sales and Marketing and General Manager and as needed with Revenue Management, Hotel Departments, EC committee, Regional and Global Brand Marketing teams to insure we are aligned with our hotel mission and vision and develop brand-hotel specific programs that drive the growth of the business for our hotel across each channel, market and target geographical sources.
· Initiate and build cross-departmental strategies for marketing/PR consistency, business efficiencies and overall revenue generation /exposure to insure our hotel success. Must monitor and maintain integrity of the brand through ad hoc site visits to verify message and visual representation of our hotel, insuring it is in full compliance with our marketing strategies and brand standards.
· Prepare and conduct informative, creative and relevant presentations for key customer, corporate members, and other important media and trade events to insure we are clearly articulating our hotel positioning message, features and benefits of our products and services.
· Analyze target and existing customer trends and be current in competition marketing and public relations strategies and insure we obtain and maintain a leadership market position for our brand within our competitive set.
· Make timely recommendations to maximize knowledge of current and future consumer needs, product and brand awareness, price/value perceptions, consumer and customer trends communicate and make strategic recommendations to Dir. Of Sales and Marketing and General Manager in order to capitalize on these trends and preferences.
· Manage a formal communication line appropriate to each department to address operational issues, provide knowledge of competitive practices and lead marketing strategy sessions and aid in the resolution of noncompliance with standards and or insufficient department marketing PR participation.
· Develop processes and delivery systems that result in a continuous improvement of actual performance versus strategy. Identify issues that impact performance; resolve or refer issues for resolution as appropriate including standards, advertising and promotions, quality compliance and/or IT systems.
· Develop and deliver support systems such as local/regional marketing programs (including design criteria and suggested target audiences) in coordination with regional corporate Marketing.
· Lead assigned function within established budgetary plans; establish marketing financial saving goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for each department marketing efforts. Create department comprehensive annual marketing and P.R. budgets insuring most efficient use of funds available. Maintain and monitor daily marketing spend against forecast revenues and budgeted percent, ensuring the continual maximization of working dollars spent against major product and Resort priorities.
· Coach and develop team members; Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
· Coordinate all Resort photo and video, media and print productions and be a voice for the General Manager of all media and related communications including promotional, emergency and or other communication internally and externally.
· Insure all printed visual, written material for the purpose of communication through our hotel to guests and the external public represents in an accurate manner our Hotel positioning strategy utilizing proper linguistic grammar and that information is consistently updated to reflect current and future information.
· Prepare and conduct the Monthly/Bi Monthly all associate meeting Marketing/PR presentation in order to effectively communicate to target audience our progress vs competitor set.
· Track competitor ranking vs our own in all social media channels with goal to reach number position in all categories within our set.
· Actively participate in Revenue strategy meetings communicate competitor activity in both Marketing and P.R. initiatives and our resort ongoing strategy to maintain a leading competitive
position within our brand position.
2. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Public relations, Communications, Marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Bi –Lingual –
Able to speak, read and write fluent English and prefer additional languages such as but not limited to Spanish, French, etc.
5+ years progressive marketing experience with demonstrated proficiency in branded product management for a local, regional and/or global environment. 3 to 5 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects. Previous marketing management experience with a recognized brand is preferred and hotel repositioning experience is a plus.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
* Demonstrated effective and/or persuasive verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
· Demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles and strategic planning process.
· Demonstrated ability to develop effective brand marketing and/or channel marketing strategies in a single, multi-unit hotel or other travel/service environment preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively analyze and interpret research data on consumer preferences and market trends.
· Demonstrated experience in effectively managing a marketing program budget and efficiently allocating budget resources to maximize impact.
Annual operating and/or payroll budget(s): $ varies (i.e $500k+)
Decision making responsibilities (Key Decision Rights):
* Recommends timely brand marketing strategies and courses of action to Director of Sales and Marketing and General Manager based on findings from research and analysis.
* Significant impact on determining how to best allocate budget for marketing and budgetary expenditures, and on tracking and maintenance of hotel marketing budget and related resources.
* Determines necessity and timing for contracting with research vendors. Independently selects vendors, assigns and monitors research project work.
4. CONTACTS (Key Relationships)
Internal Key Relationships –
Finance: obtain information; report on performance of hotel budget management, P&L critiques, forecasting expenses, etc.
Strategic Management: obtain data and provide input on market target customer profiling
Legal: prepare and utilize disclaimers, manage and prevent legal risk with privacy and other areas that could potentially become legal liability for our managing company , owning company , employees, hotel entity, , vendors or customers, know and manage any potential brand /trademark issues
Interdepartmental and cross department relations: effective manage communications and relations.
External Key Relationships –
Media and Local and state Government relations: maintain effective working and professional relations at all times.
Franchisees: initiate proactive hotel and if applicable brand-oriented communications; address concerns or compliance issues
Consultants: obtain information on previous track record quality of work
Marketing, advertising/media firms: develop & implement effective marketing/PR programs
Peers in other organizations: discuss similar issues, uncover best practices , etc
Professional organizations: always represent the hotel features and benefits and Company brand strengths
5. OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to travel 15-20% of time required
* Majority of work is performed in a normal office environment.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle objects, equipment and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
Compensation: Dependent upon experience
Combining upscale accommodations with premium amenities like courtesy shuttle service and the city's premier event space, InterContinental® Dallas is an excellent choice for business or leisure travelers. Throughout your stay, you will bask in our warm Texas hospitality. Boasting natural textures inspired by the Texas landscape and works by local artists, our recently redesigned lobby and restaurant are the perfect place to unwind before or after an exciting day in Dallas.
FORREST PERKINS wanted to create a smooth transition as guests arrived and departed from the InterContinental Dallas. When redesigning the lobby, restaurant and bar for this beautiful hotel, the goal was to fuse the interior with the surrounding Texas landscape through the use of natural colors, textures, and materials. Tones of cream, caramel and bronze with blue highlights echo throughout each element. The carpet design, inspired by the lines of a topographic map, draws you in while linking the various spaces as the connecting thread.
Artwork also plays a critical role. The renovation reflects a close collaboration between FORREST PERKINS and Dallas-based artist Brad Oldham. Mr. Oldham was commissioned to create a collection of sculptural elements for both the interior and exterior of the hotel with a towering 15' by 15' wall sculpture illuminated with color-changing LED lights titled "Forest through the Trees" enhancing the entry to the restaurant. Six resin and wire tree sculptures dress the width of the back bar facing the lobby lounge. And four sculptural elements adorning the exterior entry fountain engage visitors as they're coming and going.