GENERAL MANAGER (Pre-Opening)
Paradigm Hotels Group is seeking a General Manager for their Hyatt Place property in Santa Barbara. For this pre-opening General Manager role, we are seeking a hands-on, dynamic hotel general manager with a strong food and beverage operations background.
Responsibilities will include day to day hotel operations, associate development, quality assurance, and active participation in the sales and marketing efforts. We are looking for self-starters with a proven track record of providing exceptional guest service satisfaction, meeting budgets, a strong working knowledge of P&L statements, and cost/inventory controls.
- Attend pre-opening construction meetings.
- Complete all tasks on pre-opening timeline/development tool through brand in timely fashion.
- Represent company to local businesses, colleges, government, and other business segments during pre and post open.
- Tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis. Monitor property cleanliness, quality of product and service throughout hotel.
- Interview, train and support all associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards.
- Ensure excellence in guest service while overseeing all Sales & Marketing, Food & Beverage, Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping and Engineering functions.
- Active participation in the sales and marketing process, budgeting and forecasting; profit maximization.
- Requires the performance of technical and administrative duties including writing and reviewing reports (Profit and Loss statements/critiques, yield management, capital planning, payroll, etc.)
- Interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing associates to maximize the effectiveness of the operation of their respective areas.
- Regular ongoing monitoring of staff to ensure the adherence to established policies and procedures; delegation of duties; active participation in community affairs; and willingness and ability to engage in effective communication with corporate staff and property owners.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all hotel guests, making their stay as comfortable and accommodating as possible while achieving team and Brand goals.
- Leads the property in generation of revenue through sales and marketing efforts at the property level, participating in revenue management calls, sales calls and site visits in a revenue leadership role.
- Maintains strong knowledge of the local market, including demand generators, competitor strategies, and community impact opportunities.
- Manages relationships with hotel vendors, negotiating service agreements as appropriate.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to understand property’s performance versus budget and expenses.
- Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance.
- Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage occupancy and rates, wages and controllable expenses.
- Strives to accomplish financial goals simultaneously with superior guest and associate satisfaction
- Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities, labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and team members; Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service
- Analyzes any service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
- Ensures that building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
- Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence; Makes key decisions, removes obstacles to success, and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
- Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and associates
- Minimum three years related hospitality management experience required; 4-year degree highly preferred
- 3+ years minimum in the role of General Manager
- Previous experience as General Manager of a branded hotel like Hyatt, Hilton, IHG or similar brands
- Strong F&B background
- Pre-Opening experience is preferred