TOWNEPLACE SUITES by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees provide service with a human touch to business and leisure travelers alike. Working at TOWNEPLACE SUITES, you will build relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary TOWNEPLACE SUITES service culture which focuses on delivering against the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World™ at TOWNEPLACE SUITES by Marriott.
The purpose of the Assistant General Manager is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the planned objectives for revenue, profit, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction and product quality.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in the selection, supervision, development, appraisal, counseling, and disciplinary action of associates as necessary.
- Oversees the operation of the Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering and F&B departments by setting the objectives, measuring performance and supervising the department heads. Achieves desired customer service goals by monitoring the service provided and developing and implementing strategies to achieve desired service levels.
- Ensures that all new associates receive a through orientation and on-going technical training.
- Increases efficiency of operations by analyzing procedures and practices and implementing alternative strategies as required.
- Implements the approved budget; monitor revenues and costs on a daily basis and take corrective action when necessary.
- Controls costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, payroll control, and other expenses.
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels associates as needed
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of the associates by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associates productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
- Develops and implements strategies to achieve Employee Satisfaction Index goals.
- Communicates with other managers and associates to provide smooth working relations between departments
- Determines and communicates standards of performance to associates. Evaluates associate performance on a regular basis and recommends salary increases as appropriate.
- Develops associates to maximize potential and prepare for future promotional opportunities by conducting counseling sessions, determining developmental needs and allowing these needs to be met.
- Ensures that disciplinary action is taken as required utilizing consistency, fairness and respect within framework of established NHG guidelines.
- Ensures that all associates follow safety rules and emergency procedures; takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas.
- Assists the General Manager; directs or cooperates with other managerial personnel as required or requested.
College degree in Hotel Administration preferred; 2-3 years hotel management/supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.