Looking for a vibrant, inventive, motivating Culinary Leader to join our amazing Hyatt Centric Arlington team!
The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel’s food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise.
· Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
· Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen areas.
· Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
· Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
· Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules, quarterly actions plans.
· Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the kitchen and food production areas.
· Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
· Ensure compliance with SOP’s in all outlets.
· Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
· Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate Hotel standards.
· Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlets, including buffet and three-meal concept standards.
· Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws.
· Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement menus.
· Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
· Coordinate, supervise and direct the Stewarding Department.
· Compute daily food cost.
· Develop proper training and direction of departmental assistants in compliance with company standards of quality, specifications, portion control, recipes, employee relations, sanitation, etc.
· Understand daily forecasts and customer counts.
· Coordinate all par stock levels.
· Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature of items served.
· Direct and train all chefs to ensure adequate operation in all outlets.
· Create menus for prospective clients.
· Review and approve weekly payroll.
· Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price structure.
· Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, receiving daily inventories, log-on report and food cost report.
· Communicate to Engineering any physical maintenance problems.
· Assist catering sales on all special menus and price structures.
· Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
Compensation: Will be discussed during interview
Modern Hotel In Arlington’s Rosslyn District
Start your East Coast adventure in style at Hyatt Centric Arlington. Just minutes from Washington D.C., our hotel is the ideal destination for business travelers and vacationers alike. With vibrant features inside and historical attractions outside, Hyatt Centric Arlington provides an invigorating home base from which to experience one of America’s most coveted destinations.