PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT apply.pmihotels.com/jobs
Who Will this Job Appeal To?
- People who enjoy setting the sales direction for companies.
- Sales executives who enjoy the opportunity to be creative and innovative.
- People who enjoy corporate leadership and visibility.
- Individuals who enjoy making companies dynamic leaders in sales.
- Individuals who enjoy building on a company's leading position in sales.
- Individuals that like the opportunity to be focused on sales, but support the operations of our hotels.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
Someone who is self driven and likes success. Must be a self starter and able to devise specific action plans for success at the property level. We need a hands on leader who will get out and sell along with the hotel level sales directors. This individual will also work to support the Corporate Director of Operations, and may have to fill in on an Operations basis as needed. Individual will learn our company processes in Operations and Sales to be beneficial where needed.
Scope of this Position
- Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) of experience.
- In preparing for this position candidate ideally will have had responsibility for at least 5 properties/regions.
- Properties supervised are all limited service hotels.
- Overnight travel for this position: 80%
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Provide sales leadership, vision, and direction.
- Responsible for development of sales plans that strengthen properties market share.
- Strong background in property sales.
- Strong sales orientation.
- Prior multiple property sales responsibility.
- Assist in developing corporate sales goals and policies.
- Ability to help properties drive revenues and improve profits through innovative positioning.
- Assist properties in identifying sales opportunities/industry trends and how to take advantage of them.
- Experience opening new properties.
- Ability to carry sales processes over to all individuals in the hotel, build a sales culture for our hotels.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Ability to conceptualize the mission.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire employees to achieve those goals.
- Develop and implement business plan.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Experience making presentations in front of groups.
- Ability to clearly and concisely present technical subjects.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Build morale and spirit.
- Participative management style.
- Use a "hands-on" approach to management.
- Solid career progression up through the ranks.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- A mentor who has inspired, trained, and developed people for promotion.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees.
- Coach employees how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts.
- Instill a calm, organized approach in all situations.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Work with limited support.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of computers.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Ability to produce consistent profits.
- Solid scheduling experience.
- Follow/enforce company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Ability to create, develop, and make formal presentations using audio/visual aids.
- Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Teach suggestive selling techniques.
- Forecasting skills.
- Solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Understand basic asset management.
- Consistently call on new customers and develop new business.
- Involved with local community to develop business.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Auto allowance of $200 per month
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance