posted April 28, 2017Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes
BASIC PURPOSE: Supervise the desk clerks to ensure completion of essential duties necessary for an efficient Front Desk operation.
1. Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
2. Supervise desk clerks and work load during shift. Complete shift check-lists as specified.
3. Run accurate room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals.
4. Update daily group information; maintain and be familiar with future group files. Monitor and prepare group requirements and relay necessary information to effected departments and individuals.
5. Print cashiers report and verify balances. Verify all banks and deposits accordingly.
6. Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
7. Respond to guest questions regarding the hotel. Know the lay out of the hotel including all suites, parlors, meeting rooms and all outlets' location and hours of operation.
1. Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments.
2. Train, cross-train, and re-train (when necessary) all Front Desk Personnel.
3. Assist Front Desk and/or Front Office Manager when necessary.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience.
Experience: Must have Hotel Front Desk experience, and 1-2 years supervisory experience in a Hotel or other customer relations position.
Skills and Abilities: Type a minimum of 35wpm. IBM data entry experience desirable.
Ability to communicate in English. Second language desirable.
Ability to achieve positive guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction.
Ability to handle cash and credit transactions.
Ability to enforce all company rules and SOPs.
No. of employees supervised: Three to four employees.
Travel required: None.
Hours Required: 6:30am-3:00pm or 2:30pm-11:00pm or as assigned; scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Phoenix Marriott Tempe at The Buttes – Set against an inspiring backdrop of a majestic hillside butte with breathtaking panoramic views of blue skies and desert sunsets, the resort attracts attendees with its cascading waterfalls, sparkling pools, first class dining, and exceptional meeting facilities. Find yourself nestled away in a desert paradise while only being 3 miles away from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, minutes away from ASU in Tempe, shopping in Scottsdale, and entertainment venues downtown. Why settle for either business or pleasure when you can have both. Find the easy of planning your next meeting or event with over 40,000 sf. of flexible inside function space and over 15,000 sf. of outdoor banquet space. Our attentive, professional staff will assist you with every detail to ensure a seamless event from start to finish. We invite you to experience our high-quality services and amenities that create a perfect environment to combine work and relaxation.