Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of hot food production. To include, but not limited to hot menu items, hot line specials in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, rotation, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment. Ensure overall thoroughness, preparation standards and expedition of food to the guests.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
- Inspect cleanliness and organization of the line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
- Cook and produce hot line items.
- Display items attractively and to specified requirements.
- Prepare and produce cold menu items.
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
- Inform the Sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine of any shortages before the item runs out.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the sous Chef/Chef de Cuisine to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by the Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
- Assist with inventories as scheduled.
- Assist in plating up Banquet meals as assigned.
- Preferred culinary school student or Graduate. Person with a passion.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with guests, colleagues and management.
- Flexible with schedule including overnights.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests' orders.
- Ability to be flexible to accommodate all guests’ special requests.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
- Ability to expand and condense recipes.
- Ability to produce creative and artistic food and dishes.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Current CA Food Handlers card.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 lbs.
Please Note: This is not a full job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer