Packard Hospitality Management is searching for a Director of Sales for the Wyndham Garden Fresno Airport. Candidates must have a professional appearance and experience in customer service, preferably 10 years of experience in a hospitality service industry.
The DOS is a self-motivated individual responsible for direct oversight of the sales operation of the hotel. Leads the development and execution of strategic Sales and Marketing Plans and initiatives that maximize profitability for the hotel in order to achieve budget, revenue and market share targets.
Sales and Marketing:
- Direct the hotel in the development, implementation and achievement of their annual business and market plan objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and assistance relating to the execution of marketing and sales functions, policies and standards as established by the Company.
- Actively participate in the sales process via customer meetings, entertainment and attendance at client and other relevant industry events.
- Direct coordination of cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other hotel/brand synergies to maximize exposure and profitability including agency contact, media planning and hotel communications.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while providing strategic direction of rate, date and space commitments for group room sales of the property.
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase the hotel’s share in transient market.
- Directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales and Marketing Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, Delphi Reports, Sales Meetings and Marketing Meeting Minutes.
- Direct the coordination of ongoing research of the travel industry local and national market to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
- Direct the efforts to improve potential from various existing and new markets.
- Provide strategic revenue management plans within the hotel to include: rate, development, establishment of group thresholds, space utilization policy, deployment strategies through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- Oversee and maximize revenue contribution from major distribution channels.
- Ensure effective utilization of Profit Pack and other utilized Selective Selling guidelines to maximize revenue contribution from all segments.
- Provide oversight for the Catering Sales Strategies.
- Oversee the management, training and career development of sales staff.
- Responsible for recruiting and identifying candidates for sales managerial positions.
- Within the framework of the local competitive marketplace recommend appropriate sales compensation.
- Active participation in continuing education to ensure further professional development.
Assure effective utilization and adherence to standards relating to current systems in place at the hotel.
- Sales information systems
- Group revenue management system/Profit Pack
- Internet accessibility
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Participate in industry organizations.
- Maintain an open line of communication between guests, employees and management.
- Input and retrieve information from computer systems for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and marketing input.
- Assist office in any other administrative duties as needed.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and to be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essentials functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess professional selling skills: opening, probing, supporting and closing.
- Ability to perform critical analysis
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, negotiating and sales procedures associated with the hotel industry
- Excellent written skills sufficient to produce sales and marketing communication that properly reflects the hotel’s image
- Communication and organizational skills are of utmost importance. Excellent speaking and presentation skills. Considerable ability to listen effectively
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and able to train and monitor the process of sending referrals, setting traces and profiling accounts
The ideal candidate will put pride in their work, be reliable, and be friendly and professional at all times. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. A high school graduate education or equivalent is required.
Four-year college degree preferred.
Additional advanced degree coursework in Business Administration, Marketing and Communications a plus.
- Requires substantial operations/sales leadership experience—preferably 10 years or more.
- Comparable hotel size and scope experience preferred.
- Proven track record of successes in achieving revenue objectives.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train sales team.
Salary range is between $45,000 to $55,000 annually, and will depend on relevant job experience. This position is eligible for a bonus program where the DOS can earn up to 15% of annual salary. Packard is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: $45,000 - $55,000 annually, DOE