Do you love the serenity of a wellness Spa? Do you enjoying managing people with the ability to help them grow? Apply to today to join our wonderful Spa team.
BASIC FUNCTION: The Spa Supervisor is responsible for assisting in overseeing the smooth operation of the day to day Spa activities and supervising all associates, ensuring that the highest standards of service relating to guest satisfaction are met at both West Baden and French Lick Spas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Must have High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma
Two years college education preferred.
Three years Spa experience in a major resort preferred.
Minimum of one year Spa supervisory experience.
Must have strong knowledge of spa treatments and services, including massage, wraps, facials, and aromatherapy.
Ability to work well with guests to resolve problems in a positive manner.
Knowledge of computers, reading financial statements and marketing strategies.
1. The ability to interview and select job applicants, train and supervise staff in the performance of their duties, conduct performance reviews, and discipline employees.
2. The ability to schedule all Concierge staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
3. The ability to perform all reasonable services a guest may require and anticipate guest requests and requirements in order to satisfy them efficiently and promptly.
4. The ability to ensure the proper handling of guest messages, mail, faxes, packages, flowers, etc.
5. The ability to work closely with the Front Office staff in the handling of groups, VIP’s, return guests, etc.
6. Establishes rapport with frequent visitors.
7. The ability to work with all Department heads to rectify issues that come up for guests.
8. The ability to resolve guest complaints and keep senior management well informed as to the issues and actions taken.
9. Responsible for negotiations and establishing relationships with local vendors to meet guests’ requests.
10. The ability to maintain the Concierge desk and storage areas in an orderly manner.
11. The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
12. Performs other related duties as reasonably requested by Management.
By the mid-1990s, French Lick Spring Hotel, although still in operation, was a mere shell of its former glory and the abandoned West Baden Springs Hotel was literally crumbling to the ground. As with any great comeback story it all started with people who refused to give up – local volunteers and the folks at Indiana Landmarks. Seeing West Baden Springs Hotel in complete ruin devastated the group whose mission it is to save such cherished properties. Soon the Cook family, devoted preservationists who themselves led the restoration of many Indiana buildings, joined the cause and committed more than $500 million dollars to not only save the West Baden Springs Hotel but also the French Lick Springs Hotel. The Cook family wanted their preservation work to result in living, breathing historic places that would be around for centuries to come. Visit French Lick Resort to fully experience this “save of the century.”
Whether you’re just beginning your career journey or looking for a new professional challenge, French Lick Resort has a career path for you! Our resort includes two AAA Four-Diamond historic hotels, two nationally-acclaimed golf courses, a casino, two world-class spas, over a dozen food and beverage venues and retail shops. With so many amenities we have a variety of Full-time, Variable (Part-time) and Seasonal opportunities for you to join our team.
Guests know us for our Friendly Staff who create Memorable Experiences. If you are interested in exploring career opportunities with us and want to join our team to accomplish our mission to “Exceed Guest Expectations,” then click here for current career opportunities.
The tradition lives on
Established in 1845, with the original east wing built in 1901, French Lick Springs Hotel seamlessly blends its fascinating history and modern amenities and services. With family-friendly activities and facilities, it is an ideal destination for special occasion celebrations. Whether it’s golf, spa, horseback riding, swimming, tennis or shopping, this classic American hotel has something everyone can enjoy.
Create a remarkable luxury experience
For a one-of-a-kind experience, look no further than West Baden Springs Hotel. Once called the “Eighth Wonder of the World”, the focal point of this historic hotel is the Atrium that spans 200 feet. The European-influenced architecture sets an elegant ambiance for romantic getaways or weddings. With incomparable meeting spaces for corporate retreats, atmosphere entertainment, special events and more, there are endless possibilities for a truly extraordinary stay.