Overall is responsible for the operation for the entire hotel including profitability, guest service, product quality, overall cleanliness and maintenance of hotel property. Operations of the hotel are to be maintained in the framework of approved 1: annual budget, 2: annual sales & marketing plan, 3: annual capital expenditure plan, and always within the foundation of all company policies and procedures.
What you will be doing
- Lead the effective management of the Rooms and Engineering functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction.
- Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in property sales and marketing efforts.
- Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and to diversify the sources of revenues. Manage and monitor sales and marketing personnel activities.
- Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable business plan and budget that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
- Be available and visible to the guests. Meet and greet guests at breakfasts, social hours, etc. as determined by the brand to build relationships and monitor guest satisfaction levels.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
- Conduct a minimum of daily meetings with department heads; weekly meetings with the sales staff and monthly all associate meetings. Ensure each department is conducting daily pre-shift meetings and participate when possible.
- Manage and monitor the property P&L; provide detailed explanations for P&L and forecast variances. Align and drive all aspects of hotel performance towards the attainment of budgeted Revenue, RevPAR Index, House Profit, Flow Through, Guest Satisfaction Scores and Quality Assurance scores.
- Understand and apply accounting principles (e.g., accruals, prepaids, balancing daily reports, GL coding, etc.) and ensure these are understood and applied correctly by the property Controller.
- Maintain an active role in the accounts receivable management and collection effort.
- Prepare and submit HVMG management reports as required by the HVMG Leadership Team / corporate office policies and procedures. Follow all HVMG policies and operating procedures as required. Follow all standards as defined by, but not limited to, the associate handbook.
- Establish and oversee maintenance of a proactive Human Resources department to ensure a productive, participative, and comfortable work environment in which all associates are valued and treated lawfully and consistently, and to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment and labor laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, and Pregnancy Discrimination Act. Directly facilitate open associate communications to discern grievances and to respond to these grievances in all appropriate manners including redressing those meriting correction.
- Manage and oversee the recruitment, selection, on-boarding, training and performance evaluations of hotel department heads, managers / supervisors and associates.
- Direct, manage, train and counsel sales staff. Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Adherence to F&B guidelines/ cleanliness and food sanitation as required by the brand and local authorities as applicable.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the associate acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate other associates’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers.
- Knowledge of hotels and competitive markets.
- Participate in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals of the hotel.
- Abbility to plan and execute caiptal budget planning projects and processes.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Possess advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within all hotel disciplines, including experiential knowledge for management of people and complex problems.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities and/or information in order to improve new practices or develop new approaches.
- Ability to make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
- Ability to apply supervisory/management (soft) skills.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Bachelor’s Degree , preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience required.
- Four plus years experience in a similar position.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401K with match (immediate vesting)
- Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability / Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Sick Days / 8 Holidays
HVMG is..An Equal Opportunity Employer - We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE/AA
Compensation: Competitive Salary