The Hilton Washington DC National Mall provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
We are seeking a creative, innovative senior sales manager, eager and excited at the opportunity to shape the market position for the BRAND NEW Hilton Washington DC National Mall hotel, opening summer 2018!
This is a unique chance to be a part of a hotel opening, and have direct influence on the development of the property’s personality. Ideal candidate must wear multiple hats, and be ready to hit the ground running to penetrate the Association Market.
Located adjacent the L’Enfant Plaza metro station at 480 L’Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC, the hotel will offer 367 luxurious rooms and 23,000 S.F of flexible and unique meeting space- all just steps from the best DC has to offer!
The Senior Sales Manager is responsible for securing group business with function space and food and beverage events, while increasing revenues and maximizing the average daily room rate. This Senior Sales Manager position will involve attending industry and networking events, outgoing sales efforts to secure business and contacting the competitions client base and other activities to help drive business to the hotel. The Senior Sales Manager is also responsible for maximizing profitability and ensuring overall guest satisfaction, soliciting and servicing the Association Market accounts in accordance with the marketing plan and generating a high profile and quality perception in the market place.
- Manage assigned territory as well as vertical specialty market(s) and develop marketing plan to increase business from top accounts; solicit new business within assigned territory and market(s).
- Qualify group leads and contract group business through outreach and marketing efforts to maximize the hotel’s utilization and profitability.
- Implement strong prospecting plan to ensure booking success.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events during sales calls in a manner consistent with hotel standards.
- Act as the senior sales presence in the absence of the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Work closely with the Catering / Conference Services Team to ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintain & log all client communications in Delphi. It is the responsibility of the Senior Sales Manager to use Delphi to keep in touch with clients through phone calls, emails, letters and personal meetings.
- Provide input into and execute strategic plans for assigned territory consistent with Hilton National Mall business plan.
- Provide input and direction in the development and monitoring of fiscal budgets, division operations and marketing strategies to produce both short term and long-term profitability for Hilton National Mall.
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Make outside sales calls and tele market to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations.
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Follows up on the progress of clients booked, such as room night pick up, and with the Front Desk Manager /Sales Coordinator to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction.
- Promotes a pro-active work environment that creates an atmosphere of teamwork and quality service.
- Assist in the design of materials for promotions and public relations.
- Assist in the preparation of the marketing plan and budget.
- As needed, check banquet functions prior to guest arrival and make personal contact with client at the time of function with proper introduction of service staff who will handle the event
- Prepare payroll in the absence of the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Other job related duties as requested.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Hotel Sales Manager in a 3 to 5 star property. (Preferably handling the Association Market.)
- High school graduate, some college. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience working in the Association Market.
- Prefer experience with Delphi Software.
- Ability to communicate verbally (including heavy telephone contact) with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management, clients and the public in one-on-one and group situations.
- Understand the mission, vision and game plan of the hotel.
- Strong leadership skills and has the ability to apply them.
- Establish goals and objectives to improve the department.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team. Ability to build morale and spirit.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.