PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using a two-way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, e.g., assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Use a clear, concise English speaking voice, listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Check employee packages as they exit to ensure no food or Hotel property is being removed. Screen persons entering this entrance for purpose and authorization.
- Receive, record and store lost and found items. Research and respond to inquiries from guests concerning status of items. Mail out claimed items to owner.
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots, provide same for employees carrying house banks.
- Assist guests with door lock problems using moderately complex hand-held electronic apparatus.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Lifting and carrying objects weighing 20 pounds maximum.
- Physical activities include walking and standing to a significant degree. Sitting for periods of time while processing reports. Talking, hearing, seeing, fingering, feeling, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling, holding, handling, grasping, bending, crouching, reaching, stretching, kneeling.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Good knowledge of the hotel, meeting rooms, and surrounding city area.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Prior law enforcement or other military experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Clean police record check, verifiable references. CPR certification and first aid training preferred.