The General Manager position is the entrepreneurial leader of the hotel. This position requires a commitment to managing all overall operations of the hotel and have the drive to manager others, generate revenue, control expenses, maximize profitability, deliver superior customer service, and maintain a quality product.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the management of the Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Laundry, and Sales at the hotel
- Accurately execute all company and brand initiatives, policies and procedures, and doing so with continuous improvement in quality, service, and operations
- Ensures compliance with internal audit requirements as well as Federal, State, and Local P&L performance
- Forcuses on rate strategy, sales initiatives, and budget flow-thru to ensure high ROI
- Recruit, hire, train, and lead employees to meet and exceed service and quality goals
- Coach, counsel, and motivate all employees as necessary
- Encures reward and recognition programs for both guests and employee are in place and working
- Manages property inventory and ordering of supplies to ensure proper stock levels are maintained while remaining within budget
- Manages the daily, weekly, and monthly administrative functions including but not limited to scheduling, labor reporting, night audit verification, responding to guest reviews, etc.
- Participates with leadership in the preparation of annual budget and other financial reporting throughout the year
- Ensure safety procedures are in place for the protection of employees, guests, and Red Roof assets
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in hotel, restaurant, or retail management
- Profit and loss budgeting experience strongly preferred
- Sales background and rate/yield management experiences are preferred
- Relocation may be required and assistance is provided
- Ability and drive to lead a team and must have an attitude and passion for success
- Independent business mind preferred
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work without direct management
- CHA certification is a plus
Hotels may be exterior corridor hotels, the physical environment may require the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Position may come into contact with pets. Employee is required to use personal protective equipment to precent exposure to hazardous chemicals/materials. Regularly scheduled hours may include nights, weekends, and holidays. Schedules vary based on business need.