posted October 3, 2017Element by Westin Harrison
Position: Guest Services Agent
Effective Date: 1/18/2017
JOB OVERVIEW: Greet and register guests, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Ironwave and brand high standards of quality.
* This is a part-time, entry level position. Hotel or Very experienced customer service skilled persons perferred.
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
2. Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Ironwave and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
3. Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
4. Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
5. Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
6. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Ironwave staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Ironwave associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Ironwave. Every Ironwave associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
The Element Harrison-Newark is located in the prestigious town of Harrison, NJ. Our hotel in Harrison, NJ is just five miles from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), less than five minutes away from the Red Bull Arena, and a quick 30 minute drive to Manhattan. Enjoy the convenience of being close to Newark's business district and restaurants while still being able to relax and recharge. Whether you're in Harrison-Newark for a quick visit or looking for an extended stay hotel near Newark, NJ, Element provides you with everything you need to make it a place of your own. We look forward to your visit!
We've designed Element Harrison-Newark with you in mind. Spacious rooms, fully-equipped kitchens, and complimentary Internet access will give you everything you need to take on the day. Feel your best after sleeping in our signature Heavenly® bed and unwind in the spa-inspired bathroom with rainfall showerheads. Plus, there are options outside your guest room to explore: Rise, our complimentary breakfast bar, Motion, the 24/7 fitness center, an indoor saline pool, and more.
Convenient to Newark & Manhattan
Enjoy the benefits of staying near major business hubs without the hassle of being in the city. Stay at our hotel near Newark and find yourself 10 minutes away from the area's business district and local attractions like Newark Symphony Hall and the Prudential Center. NYC is a 30 minute drive away and easily accessible via the PATH train, steps away from our hotel in Harrison, NJ. Take a day trip into the Big Apple and experience popular sites including Empire State Building, United Nations Headquarters, Times Square, National September 11 Memorial and Museum and more