511 room hotel profile
Enjoy Perfect Weather and a Perfect Stay in a Luxury San Diego Hotel
With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, it’s no wonder San Diego is a premier travel destination. The four-star Omni San Diego Hotel is one more reason to visit this fabulous seaside city. Located in the heart of the historic Gaslamp Quarter across from the convention center, the Omni San Diego Hotel puts you close to the city's top sites and attractions. Explore Balboa Park, take a harbor cruise or catch a Padres baseball game at PETCO Park, connected to the hotel via a pedestrian skywalk.
Make your visit even more enjoyable by selecting one of our San Diego vacation packages for your stay. The Omni San Diego Hotel offers you the perfect escape, with contemporary accommodations that feature views of the bay, city or PETCO Park Stadium as well as the impeccable service Omni Hotels is known for.
- Connected to PETCO Park and across from the Convention Center
- 511 guest rooms and suites
- L Street Art Gallery
- Outdoor terrace with stone fireplace, heated pool and jacuzzi
- McCormick & Schmick´s Seafood Restaurant
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- Check-in: 3 pm. Check-out: Noon
Awards and Accolades
- The Omni San Diego Hotel was recognized for being a Leader in Energy Conservation Programs by SDGE Excellence in Energy Conservation, 2008.
- Trip Advisor named the Omni San Diego Best in the Top 25 Cities. Omni San Diego was selected for the award by the millions of travelers from around the world who provide their reviews and opinions about hotels on tripadvisor.com, 2007.
- The readers of Association Meetings magazine named the Omni San Diego Hotel one of the top 40 hotels in the country in its 16th annual Inner Circle Awards, 2007.
- Resorts & Great Hotels presented the Connoisseur’s Choice Award to the Omni San Diego, 2007.
Luxury San Diego Accommodations
Relax in the privacy of San Diego's finest hotel accommodations. Our 511 elegant guest rooms and suites are decorated in a luxurious, contemporary style and feature the most modern amenities.
Take in the extraordinary views of the San Diego Bay, the downtown skyline or Petco Park from the comforts of your guest room. Our accommodations will welcome you with California warmth and sophistication throughout your stay.
Rooms and Suites
- Deluxe Rooms: Offer 360 square feet of living space with one king or two double beds. Located on floors 5 through 21, these beautifully appointed guest rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows and various views of the historic Gaslamp Quarter and downtown San Diego. View a room diagram for a Deluxe King or Double Double room.
- Premier Rooms: Our Premium Rooms offer views of the San Diego bay and the downtown skyline and feature 360 square feet of living space.
- Get Fit Guest Rooms: Include a motorized portable treadmill, Get Fit Kit and healthy snacks in the refreshment center.
- Executive Suites: These elegantly appointed, 520-square-foot suites feature a king-sized bed, one bathroom and a separate intimate living room with full-sized sleeper sofa. All Executive Suites have the option of an additional connecting room with two double beds (as shown in diagram). Each suite offers views of the Coronado Bridge or San Diego Bay.
- One-Bedroom Suites: Offer 640-square feet of living space with a king-sized bedroom, one bathroom and a separate spacious living room area with a full-sized sleeper sofa. All One-Bedroom Suites have the option of an additional connecting room with one king bed (as shown in diagram). Enjoy views of the ballpark or the San Diego Bay.
- Terrace Suites: Ideal for entertaining. Located on the pool level, each suite features a charming private outdoor terrace, upgraded amenities, a convenient Murphy bed and a large living room with an entertainment center. Includes wet bar.
- The Tony Gwynn Suite: This elegantly appointed, 1,600-square-foot, one-bedroom suite is located on the 20th floor and features a full kitchenette, wet bar, separate dining area and living room. A private balcony offers stunning views of the San Diego Bay and skyline.
- President Jimmy Carter Suite: Our finest accommodation, the 2,200-square-foot President Jimmy Carter Suite is a luxurious one-bedroom suite located on the 21st floor and features a full kitchenette, wet bar, separate dining area, living room and an elegant marble foyer entryway. A private balcony offers sweeping views of the San Diego Bay and skyline.
- Guest rooms offer extraordinary views of the Pacific Ocean, San Diego Bay, the downtown skyline or ballpark
- All rooms have windows that open
- Plush terry bathrobes
- Foam, feather or down pillows available in all rooms upon request
- Pillow-top mattress
- Fully stocked refreshment center
- Refrigerator (available upon request - complimentary)
- Full-sized iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary USA Today delivered to your room Monday through Friday
- Coffee/tea makers
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- In-room electronic safe (accommodates most laptops)
- Executive work desk with modem outlet
- On-demand hit movies (additional cost)
- Individual climate control
- Video game system
- Cable TV with remote control
- MP3 clock radio and soothing sound machine
- DVD player
- Two dual-line telephones
- Speaker phone with personalized voice mail
San Diego Fine Dining in the Gaslamp Quarter
Whether you’re searching for a light breakfast, an elegant dinner, or a cozy meal in your room, you will find just what you're craving at the Omni San Diego Hotel.
McCormick & Schmick´s Seafood Restaurant
Serves 30 varieties of fresh seafood, pastas and salads in a casually elegant atmosphere. Breakfast 6 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., lunch 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., dinner 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Our gourmet coffee bar and gift shop offers an assortment of delicious pastries and desserts, gourmet coffee and a variety of gifts and sundries. Open 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily.
Terrace Bar & Grill
While in San Diego, enjoy what the locals have known for years... perpetual sunshine long after summer is officially over!
Enjoy our weekend bar until the end of October. Spending time poolside is a great way to start your weekend off. Indulge in your favorite cocktail while lounging by our heated pool or catch a game on one of our flat screen TVs. You will also enjoy our lunch menu of local California cuisine.
Guest Room Dining
24-hour guest room dining is available if you choose to enjoy delicious cuisine in the privacy of your room. All items are prepared by the culinary team of McCormick & Schmick’s.
The Omni San Diego Hotel, a 21-story luxury hotel, is connected via skybridge to the San Diego Padres Ballpark. Nestled in the heart of the historic Gaslamp Quarter and across the street from the Convention Center, the hotel is just moments away from the city´s top sites and attractions.
Take in the extraordinary views of the San Diego Bay, the downtown skyline or ballpark from the comforts of your guest room, or enjoy the sun-soaked outdoor terrace with pool, fireplace and the Terrace Bar & Grill.
Fitness and Leisure
- Complimentary full-service fitness center
- Massage therapy available by appointment in our treatment room
- Get Fit Kit available at front desk
- Reserve a Get Fit Room and have a treadmill delivered to your room
- 8,000 square-foot outdoor terrace features an outdoor heated swimming pool (open year round) and jacuzzi, stone fireplace and tanning deck
- Walking and jogging trails located near the hotel
- Easy access to more than 70 miles of beaches
- Minutes away from the top attractions: San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, Balboa Park, Seaport Village, the Midway, La Jolla, Wild Animal Park, Fashion Valley and Horton Plaza
- Easy access to parks and golf
- The Power of One ® - Excellence in Service
- Child care services - referrals available
- Complete business center
- Complimentary USA Today newspaper delivered to your room Monday through Friday
- Les Clefs d’Or Concierge
- Express check-in and check-out
- Full-service restaurant
- Guest room dining available 24 hours
- Laundry/dry cleaning service
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- In-room fitness
- Morsel’s coffee and gift shop
- Omni Sensational Kids Program
- Pets under 40 lbs. allowed ($50 non-refundable fee)
- Post/parcel service
- Safe in every room and at the front desk
- Translation service
- Wedding venue
Transportation and Parking
- Overnight Valet Parking- $35 per car, per night
- Public parking – a variety of parking garages are within one block of the hotel (prices vary)
- Taxi (approx. $15) and airport shuttle service (approx. $10)
- San Diego Trolley just steps from the front door with access to Old Town, Mission Valley and East San Diego
A San Diego Wedding Location That Will Make Your Dreams Come True
Yours is the ideal romance. To celebrate, make your San Diego wedding reception an event to remember.
Our Grand Ballroom accommodates up to 790 guests and features a large pre-function area and an outdoor terrace. The 4,000-square-foot Palm and Sail Outdoor Terrace on the 6th floor offers beautiful views and space to host up to 500 guests and creates a unique open air venue for your wedding reception.
The Omni San Diego Hotel is the ideal wedding site for all of your wedding celebration needs: from engagement parties, bridal showers and rehearsal dinners, to the perfect wedding reception and farewell brunch. So now that you've fallen in love with each other, come fall in love with the Omni San Diego Hotel. We'll make your wedding dreams come true.
Book your wedding at Omni Hotels and receive a complimentary honeymoon stay at the Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort, Omni Bedford Springs Resort, Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort or at the Omni Mount Washington Resort. Contact your wedding planner for details.
View our wedding packages and menus.
San Diego Meeting Rooms and Facilities
As one of the leading San Diego convention center hotels, the Omni San Diego Hotel offers comfort and service that make it San Diego's premier meeting facility. Opened in the spring of 2004, this 511-room convention center hotel is connected by a skybridge to PETCO Park, home of the San Diego Padres. When you hold your meeting or event at the Omni San Diego Hotel, you're close to the city's best attractions - including the historic Gaslamp District, Convention Center, parks, museums and theaters.
The Omni San Diego Hotel has 21 meeting rooms totaling 27,000 square feet of function space, including a 9,266-square-foot Grand Ballroom. Our San Diego accommodations are beautifully appointed with the latest amenities to make your business stay ideal.
View our Banquet and Event Menus.