The Breakfast Host is responsible for the planning, safe preparation and service of hot and cold foods to hotel guests during early to late morning hours.
· Welcomes guests and monitors the dining area during meal time to ensure adequate supplies, that guest needs are met, and that the breakfast area supports the hotel’s overall hospitality image and objectives
· Plans breakfast menus according to brand recommendations and facility needs
· Prepares room set up and ensures cleanliness and working condition of equipment in the area
· Manages inventory of food and utensils
· Prepares daily breakfast menu of hot and cold breakfast foods
· Follows required sanitation procedures for food handling safety. Obtains and maintains any food handling certificates that may apply
· Responds promptly and appropriately to any guest questions or concerns
· Breaks down breakfast area at end of meal period, ensuring clean facility ready for next meal
· Maintains a professional and hospitable presence and appearance at all times
· Ability to pass certification tests required to meet health department and brand standards
· Ability to work well with others
· Customer Focus, including experience in anticipating guest needs and responding pleasantly and professionally in a variety of settings and situations
· Listening skills to ensure accurate understanding of guest wishes
· Composure to work effectively under pressure and to address and resolve guest problems or concerns
· Approachability to encourage effective communication with guests and fellow team members
You’ll find the brand-new (opened March, 2016) Hampton Inn and Suites Napa hotel in the heart of California’s wine country – just two miles from downtown Napa, CA. Our only Hampton Inn and Suites property in Napa, CA is convenient to multiple wineries, and several famous restaurants in the area. Our modern and elegantly-decorated hotel exudes the ambience of everything you’d expect to find in Napa Valley. We pride ourselves on being a LEED Certified hotel for our focus on sustainability and environmentally-friendly efforts.
Free, hot breakfast is served daily in our lobby – or grab one of Hampton’s On the Run breakfast bags™ before your adventures. Soar through wine country in a hot air balloon, dine on world-famous cuisine or walk through established vineyards – all just minutes from our hotel. Take the Napa Valley Vine Trail from our hotel to downtown, and visit unique boutique shops. We’re the perfect gateway to wineries like Robert Mondavi, Black Stallion, Peju, V. Sattui, Artesa and Stags’ Leap.
Afterwards, relax in a clean and fresh Hampton bed® as you watch your favorite show on the 42-inch HDTV or surf the web with free WiFi. Upgrade to a spacious suite that includes a mini -fridge, microwave and sofa bed.
Plan an event or host a wine-tasting party in our 3,000 sq. ft. meeting room, which comfortably holds up to 200 people and features blackout curtains for absolute privacy.