REPORTS TO: General Manager
1. Assist and support management staff with effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified associates. Ensure compliance with hiring practices. Confirm and verify that new and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility documents. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
2. Conduct annual wage comparative survey within competitive set. Ensure compliance of federal, state wage and hour laws and the Fair Labor Standard Act.
3. Conduct all mandatory training programs. Ensure brand training is completed for brand Quality Assurance audit, if applicable. Assist department managers to ensure on the job training is completed in a timely manner.
4. Coordinate & monitor hourly and management performance evaluation process. Assist department managers in writing annual performance reviews and developing achievable goals. Ensure merit increases are equitable and processed in a timely manner.
5. Support & coordinate all human resource initiatives & business practices. Create an atmosphere of being the employer of choice.
6. Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and safety training program. Manage all worker compensation and guest liability claims.
7. Assist with the coordination of benefits with benefit administrator for new hires, current & terminated associates. Assist associates with requestsfor FMLA & personal LOA paperwork and coordinates the collection of insurance premium payments.
8. Ensure hotel departments are entering weekly schedules into web-based time keeping software. Provides weekly payroll reports to General Manager and department managers. Assists with processing of weekly/bi-weekly payroll by reviewing department time edits and pay code updates. Reviews & signs off on final pre-transmission report to ensure accuracy of payment for weekly/bi-weekly payroll.
9. Support, engage and guide department managers with the assistance of General Manager to develop a positive learning environment. Assists department managers with associate issues or concerns and developing problem resolution strategies.
10. Manage all labor relations activities and ensure compliance of negotiated union contract(s). Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitrations.
Discover the grandeur of the past, where Lone-Star legend meets 4-Diamond luxury, at The Adolphus. As the cherished standard for luxury accommodations since St. Louis beer baron Adolphus Busch opened its doors in 1912, this baroque masterpiece stands today as the Grande Dame of downtown Dallas hotels.
Step inside and be swept away by our imperial European elegance. Amid regal Flemish tapestries and an ornately carved Victorian Steinway once owned by the Guggenheim family, you can sense the aura of the famous guests who have preceded you – from Queen Elizabeth II and the Vanderbilts to U2, Oscar de la Renta, and Babe Ruth. Become part of the legend at this storied Dallas luxury hotel, where today, every guest is treated like royalty.