Hotel Management & Consulting is seeking an experienced, hands-on Hotel General Manager for our My Place location in Midland, TX.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Adaptable. Energetic. Goal-Achiever. Strong professional history of leading & managing extended-stay hotels. Proven track record of sales & networking skills. Able to effectively hire, mentor, and lead a team toward outstanding results.
Being an HMC Hotel General Manager:
As a Hotel General Manager with HMC, you will be instrumental in hiring, training, and motivating your team of 6-8 hotel staff. You will be responsible for facilitating a successful hotel operation by following Brand guidelines, meeting operational deadlines, following budget guidelines, and networking your property in your community.
Benefits of working with us:
Competitive wages commensurate with experience, with the opportunity for bonuses on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis along with medical/dental/vision plans and 401k. In addition, we have partnered with DailyPay, which is a voluntary benefit that offers employees access to their pay on their own schedule.
Hotel General Manager Functions:
- Provide leadership and development by selecting, training, counseling, and motivating a small team of 6-8 employees. This includes a willingness and ability to step in and assist each team member as needed.
- Promote & Deliver exceptional guest services, including continual monitoring cleanliness of the hotel and ensuring all guest-related concerns are resolved promptly. We must always be “Guest Ready.”
- Develop, administer, and control the property revenue and budget expenses. Responsible for monthly inventories, ordering, and receiving goods.
- Analyze Profit & Loss, General Ledger statements, and submit P&L Variance Reports in a timely manner.
- Facilitate Sales & Marketing acumen – achieve revenue and maximum profitability through in-depth knowledge of the hotel surroundings/area.
- Develop & maintain rapport with competitive properties, City Conventions, Visitors Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, target accounts, lead sources, clients, etc.
- 1+ years’ extended-stay Hotel General Manager experience
- Proven team development and leadership background
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Reliable transportation
- Able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Local candidates strongly preferred
Hotel Management and Consulting, Inc., reserves the right to modify, change, or apply this job description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at will”. These job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
Equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), political affiliation, military status, or other non-merit-based factors.
We comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, job transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. In the event of a favorable hiring decision, we participate in E-Verify.
Any form of unlawful harassment of employees or applications for reasons based on race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status is strictly prohibited. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. We are a Drug Free workplace.