This position oversees for the Company’s tax compliance, including accounting for income taxes, sales/use tax returns and related audits and inquiries. The successful candidate will effectively work with company personnel, both within the accounting department and business operations, and external auditors in carrying out his/her responsibilities. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer in this fast growing company providing a positive work environment.
- Responsible for federal and state income tax returns and monthly sales/use tax returns, including related analysis and support.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes and tax provisions for the U.S. businesses.
- Supervise professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Primary liaison for tax matters with operating management and accounting staff.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for taxes.
- Assist the Treasurer in estimating and monitoring cash tax payments.
- Ensuring the necessary processes, information and systems are optimized to efficiently and effectively maintain the Company’s tax compliance responsibilities.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with outside public accountants.
- Results oriented team player.
- Lead and manage staff through coaching, motivation and providing direction to deliver expected results.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- CPA or JD preferred.
- Ten years of related experience, including in a supervisory capacity. Experience in a public accounting firm is preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Experience in a multi-location environment is preferred e.g. retail or restaurants.
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally.
- Detail oriented.
If interested, please include current/last salary and/or total compensation.