Excellent Opportunity for Housekeeping Supervisor to work at the Newly Renovated Hyatt Regency Bethesda
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the cleaning of guestrooms by the Housekeeping staff. He/she is also responsible for ensuring that rooms are maintained to set standards of cleanliness and are ready in a timely manner for guest accommodations.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Ensure employees are at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Inspect all rooms assigned to Room Attendants on a daily basis to ensure that standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
• Notify Room Attendant(s) of any deficiencies found in the room and note on the attendant’s board. Ensure the Room Attendant returns to the room to correct the deficiency, when applicable. Re-inspect the corrected room.
• In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
• Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants’ carts are clean and restocked.
• Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office daily.
• Maintain key control.
• Supervise Laundry employees, when applicable.
• Communicate with Guest Services regarding information about discrepant rooms. Physically check the room to determine status.
• Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
• Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering.
• Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring each Room Attendant and House Attendant carries a work assignment.
• Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants’ carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
• Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager according to hotel standards.
• Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance; follow through on each work order until completed.
• Oversee training of Room Attendants.
• Ensure completion of regular maintenance and cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
• Assist Housekeeping Management in preparation of Standard of the Week.
• Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda welcomes you to our completely renovated hotel. This recent multi-million dollar transformation includes all new guest rooms and bathrooms, remodeled meetings space including a stunning rooftop event space, and a revitalized lobby in our 12 story atrium. Located in the heart of downtown, our Bethesda, Maryland hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travelers to the Washington DC area. We offer direct access to the Metrorail and several bus routes, and only a short drive from the Georgetown and the most exciting attractions in the Capital region. Host high level meetings or conferences in our meeting space, relax in our brand-new guest rooms and suites, and savor USDA prime aged steaks and seafood at the nationally acclaimed Morton’s, The Steakhouse.