posted November 25, 20171 Hotel Central Park
Responsible for all activities related to the sales function and revenue generation for the corporate and leisure market segments. Focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives and personal booking goals. Develop and implement sales action plans, maintain positive interdepartmental communications and to complete special projects as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing in leadership of the Sales team.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports Director of Sales & Marketing in establishing goals to optimize performance and hold the departmental leadership team accountable for desired outcomes.
• Supports Director of Sales & Marketing in deploying departmental actions and strategies to meet team and property goals and for the internal and external communications required to deliver excellent guest service and satisfaction.
• Fully develop Transient market segments (Corporate, Consortia, luxury agencies, leisure, and wholesale) and achieve room night and revenue goals in these segments.
• Develop and execute annual and quarterly Consortia Marketing Plans to shift market share to 1 Hotel Central Park and 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge. Review monthly production and develop action plans to improve market share.
• Target and win over business via outside sales calls, hosting site inspections, client entertainment, presentations, familiarization trips, and sales trips, cold calling and emailing, networking, attending industry and association events. Prospect, solicit and close new business as well as maintain repeat client’s needs and maximize revenues. Handle all major events and VIP clients.
• Responsible for achieving individual and team revenue goals by developing and executing a sales strategy to prospect and solicit new accounts and further develop existing accounts.
• Convert new corporate accounts to the hotel through solicitation, negotiation, RFP process and annual local preferred contracts.
• Collaborate with other properties within the company to develop cross-selling opportunities.
• Participate in weekly marketing and rooms merchandising meetings, monthly sales meetings, stand up daily and monthly sales meetings as assigned by the Director of Sales.
• Attend departmental and sales meetings to review activity and performance.
• Responsible for all phases of the sales process from lead generation, signed contracts, client changes, guarantees, set-ups, bill collection, payment confirmation, and rebooking.
• Prepare periodic Sales reports and updates and manage the Sales & Marketing budget.
• Monitor guest feedback and performance data to optimize guest engagement and retention and take appropriate corrective action.
• Focus on personal sales efforts to achieve maximum revenue return from key accounts. Develop new accounts and maintain growth of existing accounts.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
• Recruit and select talented leaders and team members who will enhance the 1 Hotels culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
• Train team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes employee engagement and attracts top talent.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships and ensure direct reports do the same.
• Is current and abides by all sales office procedures and systems.
Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
• Build and maintain a sustainability culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as sustainable menu options, responsible procurement of food and beverage programs.
Reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing of 1 Hotel Central Park and 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; 4 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Extensive hotel sales experience within the corporate and leisure market; demonstrated strong leadership and selling skills; and proven achievements in selling, optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Complete understanding, knowledge and ability to assimilate, analyze and implement action strategies through utilization of Hotelligence, Star, and Brand Reports.
• Must possess strong presentation skills, exceptional follow-up capabilities and a strong business development acumen.
• Requires strong time management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize when necessary.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities, a flexible, dynamic and positive demeanor.
• Must function optimally in a team environment and possess strength in strategic planning.
• Well versed in Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Sales & Marketing operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve issues.
• Creative and strategic skills – idea generation, innovative, and creative problem solving.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
• Prior experience in a quality luxury hotel brand; specifically in Sales.
• Knowledge of hotel structure and interaction between departments.
• Prior experience with Delphi and HMS or similar Property Management System.
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at Central Park
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas like our Ivy Façade by AgroSci Green walls. This green wall on the exterior of the building rise three floors above ground level. There are over 8,000 individual pots and over 24,000 individual plants. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotel Central Park
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance.
1 HOTELS CAREERS.
1 Hotels is created around a simple truth—that we have an impact on nature, and nature has an impact on us.
As part of the 1 Hotels team, you’re welcoming friends, old and new, while connecting them to the community around you. It’s natural and uncomplicated. It’s an opportunity to deliver informed service with a conscience in a way that’s distinctively you.
You’re part of a team comfortable in their own skin and confident in what they do. You’re part of a brand known for doing the right thing. And you’re part of a environment that reflects who you are: good natured, curious, warm, optimistic, and a bit unique.
At the foundation of the 1 Hotels culture lies the idea of doing all the good you can do. This is how we treat each other and our guests. By encouraging all 1 employees to do all the good they can for their colleagues, for nature, the environment, and beyond, we collectively contribute to something that’s greater than ourselves.
It all starts with you, right now. Plant roots at 1—and grow with us.
We seek out friendly, genuine people who share our values and want to join our cause. People who care about the greater good, have a passion for nature and do things like bike to work or occasionally volunteer.
Working in a hotel can be a different job every day. Our ideal people have foresight to anticipate change, learn quickly, work efficiently, and adapt preemptively.
Like any other living thing in nature, people do their best in their native environments. We try to tap people who know their communities inside and out.
We look for people who believe in honest, open communication—as we do. The environment we’re proud to have created encourages individual voices.
WHAT WE OFFER
1 Hotels is an ambitious new hotel brand that’s about respecting nature while bringing out the best in each other and the community.
We support civic-minded behavior with annual paid opportunities to give back.
Work with good-natured, like-minded people. Daily rallies will keep you informed, and our Employee Engagement Program provides feedback opportunities on how we can better our workplace, together.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
We will challenge you, encourage you, teach you, and check-in with you regularly on your career progress. This includes:
• Daily, monthly, and quarterly awards
• Competitive wages
• Complete healthcare benefits
• 15 Paid-Time-Off days
• On-the-job meals
• Retirement advice, benefits, and contribution matching