PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Primary responsibility is to generate Banquet Revenue for the Hotel within the designated market(s) through goals set by the Director of Catering Sales. The scope of the position includes being an integral participant in the initiatives set forth for the Catering Sales Department, the Sales and Marketing Department, the Hotel and The Langham brand. Goals include prospecting for new business, staying current with trends in weddings market, developing lasting relationships with wedding planners and meeting planners, and developing new business opportunities. Fulfill needs as determined by the Director of Catering Sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel and LHG policies and procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of computer and booking system according to specifications.
- Assist Catering Sales Team with administrative responsibilities as necessary.
- Set up workstation with necessary supplies and resource materials; maintain cleanliness throughout shift.
- Handle inquiry calls according to departmental procedure and LHG standards.
- Handle guest complaints by following instant pacification procedures ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Promote positive relations with guests, employees and vendors.
- Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to The Langham brand and philosophy.
- Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to hotel history.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of the competition's product.
- Maintain good relationships with counterparts at competing hotels; promote all Langham Hotels whenever possible.
- Design and work within the Hotel Marketing Plan; Maintain file database according to standards.
- Meet solicitation call requirements; handle incoming inquiries for market segment(s)
- Answer incoming phone calls in a pleasant manner, within two rings, using correct salutations and Langham telephone etiquette.
- Achieve established goals for Mystery Shop calls.
- Anticipate and respond to all customer needs within a timely manner, acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Follow-up with in-house guests to ensure on-going service to the guest.
- Attend and assist with designated trade shows.
- Attend industry events to stay current and promote brand.
- Attend departmental and hotel meetings as required.
- Entertain customers in all outlets as necessary.
- Successfully complete the training/certification process for position.
- Process paperwork to clients, other departments, etc., within a timely manner. Complete all assigned paperwork within a timely manner and without errors.
- Follow-up with client after department with Meeting Planning Survey to ensure satisfaction.
- Always book "smart" in respect to patterns.
- Ensure financial successes of hotel by overseeing all bookings are profitable for entire hotel.
Physical activities include walking and standing to a significant degree. Sitting for long periods of time is also possible. Talking, seeing, and hearing, lifting objects weighing up to 20 lbs. with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 is possible.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge of the luxury weddings market.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments and follow-up.
- Ability to close on business leads.
- Ability to promote positive relationships with guests and staff.
- Ability to perform job function with minimal supervision even under pressure.
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests and hotel data.
- Ability to enforce hotel's quality procedures.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or as a cohesive team.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
- Ability to input and access information into computer systems.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with polite demeanor
- Ability to work weekends and evenings..
- Ability to work long hours, 5-6 days a week
- Experience in servicing weddings.
- Previous guest relations training.
- CMP certification.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduate from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma required.
- Business, Hotel Management degree.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with guests and hotel staff to their understanding.
- Familiarity with Sales and Marketing tools.
- Two years experience in a Hotel Catering Sales Department, preferably at a Four Diamond or Five-Star hotel.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Wedding Planner Certification from Association of Bridal Consultants.
- Proficient in Delphi.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
No special license required.