The Wings & Waves General Manager is be a key member of the management team. This position leads all sales and operations efforts of the company’s assets on Wings & Waves Waterpark. This position works to insure the strategic alignment of the property as well as serves as the company’s representative in the community. This positon is unique in that it has equally important roles in both event sales and waterpark operations.
Adhere to all Ellis and Association International Lifeguard Training Program and Comprehensive Aquatic Risk Management Program standards
Direct supervision of Operations and Safety staff, including, but not limited to, general supervision, attraction operation compliance, and general safety
- Assist management in the development and implementation of all Standard Operating Procedures and department training programs for: Aquatics, Admissions/ Retail & Café staff
- Assist management in employee recruiting, hiring, development and retention
- Follow, manage and implement the café’s food safety management plan in accordance with HACCP standards
- Trained and certified with the OLCC.
- Help create staff training for Café staff in regards to food handling and HACCP standards
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develop and implement employee incentive and morale program
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all work areas; must maintain all equipment in a "like new" condition
- Must ensure that all employees and guests comply with all Wings and Waves rules, regulations, policies and safety standards; report any violations
- Performs all non-revenue generating tasks as required such as, expense control, loss prevention training, etc.
- Accountable for training and providing a consistent guest experience through friendly, knowledgeable and efficient service utilizing Waterpark guest service guidelines.
- Perform cashier, cook, custodian, lifeguard, headguard and Duty Manager shifts
- Receive and direct visitors and clients.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, maintain electronic and hard copy filing system, retrieve documents from filing system, office layout and keys, implementing changes.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating requests for information and data, preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions, prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- General clerical duties including photocopying, fax, scanning and mailing. Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning conference rooms, administrative projects; expediting work results. Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules, record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary by management
- +/-5 years of Management experience.
- Preferred experience within the hospitality industry.
- Exceptionally strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and interpersonal.
- Well organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and a motivated self-starter.
- High personal integrity and ethical standards.
- Experience identifying and qualifying leads to close real estate acquisition and management contract deals.
- Strong networking skills and established reputation among industry peers and colleagues.
- Comfortable and confident leveraging existing relationships and forging new ones to source off-market deal opportunities.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people in a collegial, team framework.
- Education: An undergraduate degree or equivalent is required. Business concentrations, including understanding of finance and operations, are essential and a concentration in hospitality studies is preferred.
- Character: The successful candidate will be able to operate both independently and collaboratively – the ability to drive an entrepreneurial business plan and work with others in achieving those objectives. It is essential that the individual can think strategically, as well as entrench themselves into the details. S/he must represent the Company positively both internally and externally, present well to partners and clients, work closely with the senior management team across functions and be instrumental in participating in the growth of the company.
Compensation: $65,000 - $75,000