We are putting together our team of talented associates! We hope you will consider joining us for this exciting opportunity for DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING.
The Director of Sales and Marketing directs all aspects of the sales function including analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential, and directly manages assigned staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Full-time management position that requires schedule flexibility for occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- 5+ years of sales or comparable experience, preferably in a hotel.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Proven success in client management and account development.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in general computer applications.
- Skilled in selling, negotiating, business writing and presentations.
- Candidates should possess proven leadership skills
- Candidates should possess strong hotel room operations knowledge including front office and guest services.
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, and effective in providing exceptional customer service.
- Extremely detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Team player with a pleasant personality and professional approach who can aggressively sell the property.
- Ability to effectively lead others to achieve key results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Knowledgeable on market, positioning of hotel, amenities and brand. Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market. Understand and use industry reports to develop effective sales strategies. Research and identify new business opportunities for the hotel.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the Sales annual budget, business/marketing plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations. Market the hotel and services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Ensure sales costs are within budgeted guidelines.
- Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers. Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business. Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance.
- Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of the customer.
- Deliver a high level of customer service with key decision makers, solve customer problems, meet commitments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all sales and transactions. Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner. Achieve production numbers.
- Ensure effective hiring, training, development, promotion and continuous reinforcement of standards. Lead and coach the team towards achieving results.
- Various administrative tasks including, but not limited to, payroll, shift reports, inventory, scheduling.
Choice of Medical plans, Dental, and Vision, Supplemental Life Insurance, AD&D, Short and Long Term disability, 401K...
Hotel and Food/Beverage Discounts
Compensation: Based on Experience