The Floor Manager will have the ability to provide the finest guest dining experience while leading a highly motivated and guest-service focused team.
• Monitor flow of service, reservations and special requests for all guests. Interact with every table during meal periods.
• Responsible for hiring of restaurant and bar/lounge staff within 1 Hotel established policies, including personnel requisitions, screening of applicants, interviews, etc.
• Control and monitor employee performance standard, conduct and disposition toward their jobs. Prepare periodic performance reviews.
• Responsible for keeping all restaurant and bar/lounge staff files; i.e. addresses, phone numbers, attendance cards, vacation requests, payroll sheets, etc.
• Use Timesaver 711 to provide maximum efficiency and service at a minimum cost. Keep payroll costs within the pre-determined budget.
• Manage any disciplinary problems within the restaurant and bar/lounge, using the Hotel Bel-Air’s established procedures and policies; i.e. verbal warnings, written warnings, suspensions and termination.
• Complete payroll and overtime reports timely and submit to the Restaurant and Bar Manager approval.
• Attend weekly Food & Beverage meeting and other meetings as required.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, employee may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the hotel and report deadlines. This may include weekends and holidays.
• Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
• Build and maintain a sustainability culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as sustainable menu options, responsible procurement of food and beverage programs.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
• Conduct competitive research and report trends and recommendations.
• Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling public relations and marketing.
• Provide clean and safe environment by assigning and assisting with cleaning.
• Assist servers, bussers and host staff in their job duties as necessary due to outlet volume.
• Develop a good time spirit and high level of moral among restaurant staff.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Thorough knowledge of Food & Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
• Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages
• Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. and to lift lighter objects overhead.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy, to defuse anger, to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Ability to demonstrate a sincere, accommodating disposition and personality to the guest(s).
• Ability to answer phones using hearing and speech. Coordinate reservations and table assignments.
• Ability to see and hear to detect and respond to emergency situations.
Educational and Required Skills:
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
• Two years previous Food & Beverage and supervisory experience.
• Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. Food Service Sanitation certification. CPR training and first aid training preferred.
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme heat.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold.
• The noise level in the work environmental is usually loud.
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at Central Park
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas like our Ivy Façade by AgroSci Green walls. This green wall on the exterior of the building rise three floors above ground level. There are over 8,000 individual pots and over 24,000 individual plants. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
ABOUT JAMS RESTAURANT
Jams Restaurant, located in the 1 Hotel Central Park and led by James Beard award winning Chef Jonathan Waxman. Jams is based on the model of “California Cuisine” that is rooted in cultivating a safe relationship with the environment, with a committed focus on local, sustainable and organic seasonal produce.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotel Central Park
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance.
1 HOTELS CAREERS.
1 Hotels is created around a simple truth—that we have an impact on nature, and nature has an impact on us.
As part of the 1 Hotels team, you’re welcoming friends, old and new, while connecting them to the community around you. It’s natural and uncomplicated. It’s an opportunity to deliver informed service with a conscience in a way that’s distinctively you.
You’re part of a team comfortable in their own skin and confident in what they do. You’re part of a brand known for doing the right thing. And you’re part of a environment that reflects who you are: good natured, curious, warm, optimistic, and a bit unique.
At the foundation of the 1 Hotels culture lies the idea of doing all the good you can do. This is how we treat each other and our guests. By encouraging all 1 employees to do all the good they can for their colleagues, for nature, the environment, and beyond, we collectively contribute to something that’s greater than ourselves.
It all starts with you, right now. Plant roots at 1—and grow with us.
We seek out friendly, genuine people who share our values and want to join our cause. People who care about the greater good, have a passion for nature and do things like bike to work or occasionally volunteer.
Working in a hotel can be a different job every day. Our ideal people have foresight to anticipate change, learn quickly, work efficiently, and adapt preemptively.
Like any other living thing in nature, people do their best in their native environments. We try to tap people who know their communities inside and out.
We look for people who believe in honest, open communication—as we do. The environment we’re proud to have created encourages individual voices.
WHAT WE OFFER
1 Hotels is an ambitious new hotel brand that’s about respecting nature while bringing out the best in each other and the community.
We support civic-minded behavior with annual paid opportunities to give back.
Work with good-natured, like-minded people. Daily rallies will keep you informed, and our Employee Engagement Program provides feedback opportunities on how we can better our workplace, together.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
We will challenge you, encourage you, teach you, and check-in with you regularly on your career progress. This includes:
• Daily, monthly, and quarterly awards
• Competitive wages
• Complete healthcare benefits
• 15 Paid-Time-Off days
• On-the-job meals
• Retirement advice, benefits, and contribution matching