Greet and escort guests to tables, ensuring hotel and brand standards of service are met. Prepare for service and maintain cleanliness of room at all times. Do other duties as assigned including coat check, assisting with table service as required. Previous experience, excellent people and communication skills, Must display an upbeat, positive, and professional presence.
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at Central Park
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas like our Ivy Façade by AgroSci Green walls. This green wall on the exterior of the building rise three floors above ground level. There are over 8,000 individual pots and over 24,000 individual plants. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotel Central Park
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Previous related guest service experience dealing directly with the public and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations, know standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized cash register systems.
• Ability to learn and work with technology including devices such as computers, iPods and iPads.
• Fluent in oral and written English and excellent overall communication skills.
• Must have vision ability to read written communiques and monochrome computer screen.
• Must have hand and finger dexterity to operate computer, calculator and telephone keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal/written instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use tact and understanding when dealing with a variety of customer service problems, including stressful and highly emotional situations.
• Highly organized and able to pay attention to minute written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple tasks.
• 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing, Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients. Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to effectively cope with change, handle risk and uncertainty comfortably, ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice while being composed under pressure. Doesn’t show frustration when dealing with upset guests or team members.
• Relates well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
• Genuinely cares about people, demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.
1 HOTELS CAREERS.
1 Hotels is created around a simple truth—that we have an impact on nature, and nature has an impact on us.
As part of the 1 Hotels team, you’re welcoming friends, old and new, while connecting them to the community around you. It’s natural and uncomplicated. It’s an opportunity to deliver informed service with a conscience in a way that’s distinctively you.
You’re part of a team comfortable in their own skin and confident in what they do. You’re part of a brand known for doing the right thing. And you’re part of a environment that reflects who you are: good natured, curious, warm, optimistic, and a bit unique.
At the foundation of the 1 Hotels culture lies the idea of doing all the good you can do. This is how we treat each other and our guests. By encouraging all 1 employees to do all the good they can for their colleagues, for nature, the environment, and beyond, we collectively contribute to something that’s greater than ourselves.
It all starts with you, right now. Plant roots at 1—and grow with us.
We seek out friendly, genuine people who share our values and want to join our cause. People who care about the greater good, have a passion for nature and do things like bike to work or occasionally volunteer.
Working in a hotel can be a different job every day. Our ideal people have foresight to anticipate change, learn quickly, work efficiently, and adapt preemptively.
Like any other living thing in nature, people do their best in their native environments. We try to tap people who know their communities inside and out.
We look for people who believe in honest, open communication—as we do. The environment we’re proud to have created encourages individual voices.
WHAT WE OFFER
1 Hotels is an ambitious new hotel brand that’s about respecting nature while bringing out the best in each other and the community.
We support civic-minded behavior with annual paid opportunities to give back.
Work with good-natured, like-minded people. Daily rallies will keep you informed, and our Employee Engagement Program provides feedback opportunities on how we can better our workplace, together.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
We will challenge you, encourage you, teach you, and check-in with you regularly on your career progress. This includes:
• Daily, monthly, and quarterly awards
• Competitive wages
• Complete healthcare benefits
• 15 Paid-Time-Off days
• On-the-job meals
• Retirement advice, benefits, and contribution matching