The Alida – nostalgic and gracious, industrial yet curated, curious and always custom – provides guests with an unrivaled Savannah encounter. Offering a distinct design perspective and unique representation of local artists, makers and thinkers alike, it’s our time to shine as a host of a city that is affectionately known as the “Hostess City of the South”, and tap into the curiosity and creativity of both those who reside there and those who visit. Opening summer 2018.
Follow The Alida Hotel on LinkedIn for job fair information coming soon!
The Pastry Chef will oversee all pastry production for property outlets including banquets + catering. This position reports to the Executive Chef. This leader will work with, train and direct kitchen pastry personnel to ensure high quality of pastry foods, timeliness in food service and the highest levels of safety and sanitation.
- Maintains production and inventory of desserts for dining outlets throughout the hotel.
- Creates production lists and assigns task for pastry team members in coordination with banquet event order needs.
- Review and place daily orders received from vendors. Track inventory of all pastry items.
- Communicate equipment needs to stewarding department, and builds relationships with banquets team.
- Ensures all production and preparation of food is completed at the standards set by management.
- Ensure all team member safety and safe food handling practices are maintained. Communicate all safety needs and equipment issues to management team.
- Assists with the training and development of new team members.
- Assists in hiring, coaching, and part of the dismissal process for team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in culinary field or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of safety programs and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
- Ability to perform advances kitchen math such as determining menu costing.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing and email.
- Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Possess basic knowledge of business contracts.
- Able to work with little or no supervision. Operate kitchen equipment.
- Able to lead, train, motivate, and evaluate kitchen team for optimum performance.
- Able to develop, cost, and implement menus that are creative, innovative, and healthy while exceeding the expectations of quality and value for team members and guests.
- High school diploma/GED required (Culinary degree preferred)
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of creative work for consideration
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Precise eye for detail
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for
- prolonged periods
- Must have the ability to work for extended time periods in an environment with extreme heat and/or cold
- If applicable, must have the ability to work for extended time periods in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wind, rain, and higher than normal noise levels
- Ability to use sharp knives safely and proficiently
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout a shift
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and fume hazards