The Queen Kapiolani Hotel, named after the beloved wife of Hawaii's last reigning King is located on the serene eastern end of Waikiki. The Queen Kapiolani Hotel is steps away from some of Honolulu's finest attractions-the Honolulu Zoo, the Waikiki Aquarium and the world's famous Waikiki Beach. Serving as a backdrop to these first-rate attractions is Hawaii's most legendary landmark, Diamond Head. Directly across from the hotel, is Kapiolani Park, named in honor of the Queen herself. The park was a gift from her husband, King David Kalakaua, the seventh monarch to sit on the Hawaiian throne.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assist the Front Office operation and guest services personnel, this position will respond quickly to guest requests and/or complaints, both in-person and electronic, in a friendly manner and ensure the appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction.
- Manage and coach Front Office employees to reflect Kokua Hospitality Standards and Procedures, participate in recruitment, training and development initiatives, manage disciplinary issues and administer performance evaluations.
- Conduct Lobby Ambassador duties, meet and greet guests and provide a professional and welcoming ambience throughout the Hotel
- Respond to VIP and all guest inquiries, requests and issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and resolve guest concerns
- Ensure current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events and provide additional concierge assistance.
- Consistently review VIP guest and arrival reports through the day to be aware of all VIP member arrivals and prepare a day in advance.
- Verify VIPs with a member of Housekeeping Management team to ensure room is marked as VIP daily.
- Responsible for initiating and follow through of amenities and welcome letters.
- Personally process all VIP check-ins, providing a personalized welcome and any required amenities at check-in
- Make welcome calls to all VIPs and other guest as to ensure extreme satisfaction during their stay including with the arrival process, room assignment and room cleanliness, taking corrective action as needed including log and follow up prior to check out.
- Participate in all front office shift meetings to ensure staff is aware of VIP arrival processes and VIP arrivals for the day
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by the Front Office Manager or any other member of the Executive Committee Team
- Creating, promoting and programming all guest related activities and special events.
- Programming of music, lighting, scents and all aspects of how the guest experiences our property through five senses
- Identifying opportunities to WOW guests and taking ownership of executing extraordinary guest experiences.
- Work in conjunction with the hotel’s Marketing & Brand Development Manager to monitor and substantially contribute to the hotel's on-line reputation by broadcasting events and experiences on Social Media; enabling Social influencers to create stories for broadcast via PR and Social Media platforms; coordinating with Expedia to create memorable experiences and offerings unique to our hotel and guests; reviewing and responding as needed to Trip Advisor reviews and focus on guest improvement areas
- Maintain an event calendar and initiate new ideas and activities that support our hotel vision.
- Create daily and weekly event and activities collateral for the front desk and guestrooms.
- Provide innovative experiential ideas to continually remain relative and leading the market as "the place to be."
- Leverage brand, management and all other partnerships to continually provide market leading services to guests.
- Create guest incentives, package and other related programs to continually build hotel's following.
- Responsible for being the ultimate Ambassador of the "Service Culture". Striving to exceed every guests' expectation.
- Protect and champion guest service among all initiatives.
- Maintains pre-shift information to ensure that Front Office and other department personnel are updated regularly o new policies or special information for events and programs, etc.
Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Guest Experience Manager in a hotel or related position(s).
Successful candidate must be relentless in the pursuit of providing the ultimate guest experience for every guest, every day!
Very strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
Proven track record of exceptional customer service skills.
Superior verbal and written communication and strategizing skills
Excellent overall computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
Proactive mindset to anticipate and support changes in our business
Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
Flexible schedule needed to support coverage for weekend and holidays.
Paid holidays and personal time off (PTO)
Excellent benefits upon your second month of employment including medical, dental, vision, EAP, and 401K