HR Manager, New York City Area
Reporting directly to the SVP, Human Resources, Oilers Entertainment Group (“OEG”), the Human Resources Manager will be located in the NYC area and will provide HR support to Oilers Entertainment Group (“OEG”) and Katz Group entities operating in the United States. This position will provide consultation and guidance to management, offering a local point of contact for HR matters and services. The main focus of this role will be employee relations and compliance; however, the scope of the role also includes payroll, tax and benefit expertise, communication, and routine general inquiries from both full and part time employees.
- Provides Human Resources advice, support, consultation and guidance, including application of HR policies and processes, to assigned business unit and employees.
- Stays current on all state, federal and local employment related legislation and regulations as well as human resources industry trends to maintain ongoing compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Navigates and assists in the resolution of employee issues working in conjunction with OEG HR team
- Ensure that any of our properties provide current and prospective associates with information about policies, job duties, work conditions, wages, opportunities for both promotions and transfers, and associate benefit programs.
- Support property Leaders in dealing with interpretation and understanding misunderstandings, disputes, coaching, counseling, disciplinary action, and terminating associates.
- Assists with the full cycle recruitment process for all full time and part time staff as well as facilitates New Hire Orientation and activities as part of onboarding process for all locations.
- Conducts exit interviews and related activities as part of the off-boarding process.
- Ensures timely response to inquiries and requests from employees.
- Collaborates with OEG HQ’s HR team to execute HR processes and associated activities
- Supports Benefit Coordinator with benefit inquiries as well as point of contact for the benefits team.
- Support Payroll team on payroll inquiries as well as point of contact for the OEG HQ payroll team.
- Working with the Benefit Coordinator assists employees with benefit claim issues, life event changes, and plan changes; ensures quick, equitable, and courteous resolutions
- Assist with open enrollment
- Understanding Affordable Care Act Legislation & Reporting requirements
- Ensures proper maintenance of confidential employee information.
- Provides information and tools to support effective delivery of HR services and processes
- Provides employees and/or supervisors with standard information regarding department and organizational HR practices and procedures.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, workplace harassment, respect in the workplace, etc.
- Facilitates compliance with company policies and coaches internal customers/business partners on OEG values
- Support by creating and training policies and procedures and the reporting of any needed changes to payroll staff and management
- Understand COBRA processes and COBRA offering.
- Responsible for the 401k administration which includes but not limited to completing enrollments, contribution changes, loan activity, and roll overs. Maintains relationship with 401k account liaisons to address processing issues.
- Primary point of contact for payroll, benefits, and leave of absence questions. Resolves straightforward benefit and payroll discrepancies. Escalates issues and concerns to SVP of HR and/or Finance as appropriate.
- Responsible for leave of absence coordination for all types of leaves including but not limited to: Personal, FMLA, PDL, Bonding, Workers' Compensation, etc. Stay current with LOA regulations and process, be an advocate for both the Company and the employee while coordinating with various parties (Short/Long Term Disability, EDD, Payroll, Physicians, etc.).
- May support integration activities for newly acquired businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or HR, or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum 7-10 years HR Generalist experience, preferably in a related industry (Entertainment, Hospitality, Food and Beverage)
- Experience with Part Time and Full Time employees in a Hospitality, Food and Beverage or comparable environment
- Experience within a dynamic environment: building, implementing and strategizing HR processes and procedures
- PHR/SPHR Designation is an asset
- Must have a working knowledge of Federal, State & Local regulations governing employment, as well as benefits, Human Resources and Payroll for full time and part time employees.
- All other States and local regulations governing employment would be considered an asset
- Experience and understanding of payroll processes and requirements is an asset
- Employment based immigration knowledge or experience
- Experience and understanding of confidential information handling and storage
- Solid experience in driving positive employee relations, to include strong problem solving and investigative skills
- Self-motivated, professional, ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change in job duties
- New York HR/Payroll knowledge is required
TO APPLY: please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org