The Role: Houseperson
Location: Hyatt Place Austin Airport – Austin, TX
National Hospitality Services (NHS) has a passion for results. Throughout our many years in the hospitality industry, we have proven the ability to deliver service and value. Our expertise covers a broad range of lodging options, from extended stay and limited service properties, to full-service hotels featuring restaurants and convention centers.
The Houseperson (sometimes referred to as a Houseman) is responsible for keeping the general appearance of the facility in clean, functional and working order. This includes being accessible to guests by providing the best customer service experience possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Thoroughly clean all furniture, elevators, glass, planters, etc. in public areas such as the lobby, pool and public restrooms to IHG and NHS standard.
· Stock housekeepers carts with supplies as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
· Sweep, mop, scrub and vacuum hallways, stairs and office spaces.
· Pick up trash from parking lot and outdoor areas on the property.
· Assist with various housekeeping and maintenance duties as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
· Report any observed damage, unusual happenings and safety concerns to the Executive Housekeeper.
· Maintain a solid understanding of housekeeping and laundry supplies.
· Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or security threats.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest question and/or concerns.
· Promptly report all maintenance concerns and follow up on repairs.
Required Skills and Experience
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
Strong problem-solving skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities.
Adaptable to change.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Whether you’re in Austin for a quick business trip, a weekend visit with friends, or an extended family vacation, Hyatt Place Austin Airport is everything you’re looking for. Our hotel near the Austin Airport is only minutes from popular attractions, including Circuit of the Americas and the University of Texas at Austin. With our business friendly environment and premium amenities, Hyatt Place Austin Airport checks all the boxes for your Texas getaway.
Located just 15 minutes from downtown, our convenient hotel near Circuit of the Americas, offers a stylish, comfortable, and seamless experience for travelers to the Austin area. Guests will enjoy free Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, 24/7 StayFit™ Gym, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. After a day of meetings, head to the Coffee to Cocktails Bar for a specialty Starbucks® beverage or cocktail from our menu of premium beers, wines, and spirits. From our flexible meeting space to free Wi-Fi everywhere, Hyatt Place Austin Airport has everything you need to stay productive and feel at home.