posted September 16, 2018The Alida, Savannah, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
The Alida – nostalgic and gracious, industrial yet curated, curious and always custom – provides guests with an unrivaled Savannah encounter. Offering a distinct design perspective and unique representation of local artists, makers and thinkers alike, it’s our time to shine as a host of a city that is affectionately known as the “Hostess City of the South”, and tap into the curiosity and creativity of both those who reside there and those who visit. Opening 2018.
This Executive Committee position will lead the finance and accounting team.
Develops the championing, development, and implementation of property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the hotel’s target customer and property employees. Provides financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, assists in the creation and execution of a business plan that is aligned with the company and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 3-5+ years of experience with finance in a hotel or hospitality environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans.
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Thinks creatively and practically to assist in the development, execution and implementation of new business plans
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Assists in the implementation of a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company’s and brand’s strategic direction.
• Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating department’s actual and projected sales.
• Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
Leading Finance & Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers' clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
• Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
• Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Develops and supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Improves profit growth in operating departments.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The Alida – nostalgic and gracious, industrial yet curated, curious and always custom – provides guests with an unrivaled Savannah encounter. Offering a distinct design perspective and unique representation of local artists, makers and thinkers alike, it’s our time to shine as a host of a city that is affectionately known as the “Hostess City of the South”, and tap into the curiosity and creativity of both those who reside there and those who visit.