The Four Points by Sheraton Wakefield Boston Hotel & Conference Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Maintenance Engineer performs interior and external preventative maintenance and basic repairs in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. The Maintenance Engineer also assists the Rooms Department in transporting hotel guests to and from local businesses/venues.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift
days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or related experience. . A minimum of (3) three years commercial painting experience in the practical application of residential and industrial coatings. This position also requires 1-2 years commercial installation experience using 54” wall covering and all associated sundries. Experience in the hospitality industry preferred. Experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to and resolve engineering service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Hands on working knowledge of: Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration systems, mechanical equipment, electrical systems and equipment, fire suppressions systems and equipment, kitchen systems and equipment, and energy management systems.
- Perform routine maintenance, ensures all equipment is maintained to factory specifications.
- Performs major and minor repairs to HVAC/R equipment, electrical, mechanical and plumbing.
- Repairs and maintains food service equipment including ovens, grills, dishwashers, deep fryers, and refrigeration units.
- Complete work order requests as received from the work order system in a timely manner.
- Ensures that safety plans are fully in place.
- Appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Maintain all engineering and work areas in orderly and clean condition.
- Prompt reporting to engineering management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Drive hotel guests to and from local businesses and other assigned trips, obeying all traffic rules and regulations constantly throughout shift to ensure a safe, accident-free trip.
- Greet and open vehicle and hotel doors to assist arriving and departing guests.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To be successful in this role, you need basic English communication skills, the ability to speak, listen, write and identify distress signs
- Must have work experience with painting, wallpapering & Sheetrock repair. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper preventive maintenance policies, procedures and brand standards.
- Ability to properly use engineering tools and supplies.
- Ability to timely complete assignments, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a clock radio, lamp, phone, TV and other guest room equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Valid Driver’s License
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 125 pounds. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position is required to operate a motor vehicle.