posted February 20, 2019Hyatt Regency Bethesda
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the day to day operation of the Front Desk, Concierge, PBX, and Guest Services in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
· At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
· At least 2 to 3 years experience as Front Office Manager experience required.
· Union experience required.
· Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
· Must possess strong communication skills and demonstrate leadership abilities.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
· Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Must be able to work flexible hours/shifts.
· Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline Front Office Associates according to Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
· Develop employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services personnel.
· Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
· Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
· Review Guest Services staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
· Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
· Maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
· Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
· Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, etc.
· Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
· Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
· Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Highgate Hotel S.O.P.'s.
· Ensure implementation of all Highgate Hotel policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
· Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Guest Services staff.
· Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping, Reservations and the Credit Manager.
· Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
· Follow and enforce all Highgate Hotel credit policies.
· Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
· Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
· Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated
Hyatt Regency Bethesda welcomes you to our completely renovated hotel. This recent multi-million dollar transformation includes all new guest rooms and bathrooms, remodeled meetings space including a stunning rooftop event space, and a revitalized lobby in our 12 story atrium. Located in the heart of downtown, our Bethesda, Maryland hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travelers to the Washington DC area. We offer direct access to the Metrorail and several bus routes, and only a short drive from the Georgetown and the most exciting attractions in the Capital region. Host high level meetings or conferences in our meeting space, relax in our brand-new guest rooms and suites, and savor USDA prime aged steaks and seafood at the nationally acclaimed Morton’s, The Steakhouse.