posted February 12, 2019TRYP By Wyndham Maritime Hotel Ft. Lauderdale
GUEST SERVICE AGENT (FRONT DESK)
Guest Service Agents work to accommodate guests and help create fun, memorable experiences by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrating Innisfree Hotels’ culture by creating a fun, happy and safe work environment.
• Providing value added service to guests and exceeding guest expectations.
• Communicating effectively with guests, coworkers and supervisors.
• Demonstrating teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed.
• Handling difficult situations effectively.
• Providing quality service to our guests by responding to their requests promptly, efficiently and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout stay.
• Registering, processing and greeting guests promptly, and responding to guest questions about the hotel or destination.
• Arranging for special services requested by the guest.
• Staying current with developments in the hotel by reviewing communications to each shift.
• Arranging fulfillment of guest services by working with staff, housekeeping, reservations and maintenance.
• Minimizing loss of revenue and improving timeliness of cash flow by adhering to all established credit and inventory control procedures.
• Verifying all information on reservations including check-in, name, address, method of payment, etc.
• Identifying and recording special billing instructions.
• Completing shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorization codes.
• Adhering to hotel cash handling policies.
• Increasing revenues by offering customers upgraded rooms.
• Promoting hotel marketing campaigns.
• Following yield management procedures while making room reservations.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Excellent customer service.
• Ability to problem-solve.
• Verbal communication skills.
• Ability to resolve conflicts.
• Sales skills.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supervisor – Front Desk Manager FLSA Status – Non-Exempt
Drug Free Workplace
“Our hotel is a 100% smoke/vape free environment”. “Employees are not allowed to smoke while on property or while on the clock”
Located in the “Boating Capital of the World,” Tryp Maritime Hotel by Wyndham anchors Ft. Lauderdale’s four-star Marina Bay, the city’s premier luxury yacht marina. From furnishings to facilities, this stylish newcomer embraces the nautical lifestyle and tropical beauty of South Florida.Our 150 guest rooms and suites are a sophisticated reflection of our maritime point of view. Large format original artwork of South Florida’s underwater splendor by noted marine ecologist and photographer Richard Murphy sets the stage for custom European teak furnishings by designer Ignacio Edenburg.