posted October 7, 2019Epping Forest Yacht and Country Club
Join our professional team and work at our historic Club property!
What's in it for you? Top pay - Flexible scheduling - Company provided training & certifications . . . and so much more!
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must be CPR certified; 1-2 years experience working with children preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a basic knowledge of how to handle children, to include care, safety, and entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide a fun and safe environment for the members’ children; Administering CPR and first aid as needed; Delivering top quality service; Knowing and using the members’ and their children’s names; and being a team player, to include working in the other areas of the Fitness Center as needed.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES: Must be able to pass the skills test for CPR; Must be able to work with many children at a time.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Be punctual at all times and arrive to work on time, consistently.
2. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
3. Clothing must be in proper taste, crisp, clean, and in good repair, upon entering the property, including wearing name tag. Demeanor must be professional and welcoming.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; Management has final approval.
5. Become proficient on all appropriate equipment and games and their safety features.
6. Make sure all side work is complete, before opening.
7. Greet members and their children by name whenever possible.
8. Watch, entertain, and provide a safe environment for the children of the members while their parents are exercising, at the pools, Cafe, Mansion, or playing tennis.
9. Keep the Cubs Den clean, organized, and safe for the children.
10. Check supplies, informing the supervisor of any needs relating to these items.
11. Have members sign in their children, informing them of the cost per hour.
12. Ring in all Cubs Den charges to the member’s numbers.
13. Answer the phone, forward calls or take detailed messages and deliver to the appropriate person.
14. Learn the Point of Sale (POS) computer system, ring in all sales.
15. Sign in new members.
16. Perform other jobs that will assist in quality member service as assigned by the Family Services Manager, the Fitness Center Director or Assistant Fitness Center Director.
Approximately 15-25 hours/week, varied schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer
Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club combines turn-of-the-century romance and world-class amenities in a setting of historical significance. Built in 1926 by industrialist Alfred I. duPont and wife Jesse Ball duPont as their Florida residence, Epping Forest was quickly distinguished as one of the country’s finest estates. Many illustrious guests, such as the Vanderbilts, Carnegies, Goulds, Presidents Gerald Ford and Anwar Sadat, graced its rooms for lavish parties. In the early 1970s, Epping Forest became the home of the Raymond K. Mason family. In 1984, Gate acquired Epping Forest from the Mason family. The company strongly believed that the estate should be preserved for future enjoyment of Jacksonville’s citizens. Recognized on the National Register of Historic Places, Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club now offers a traditional elegance reminiscent of times gone by, while offering the modern conveniences of today.
Meticulously restored to its original splendor, the duPont Mansion offers casual and gourmet dining with a level of service unmatched by its peers. The first floor glass terrace dining rooms and second story private dining and banquet facilities offer members and guests an unforgettable view of the English Gardens and St. Johns River. From Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club, one can enjoy a breathtaking sunset over the widest point of the St. Johns River. This view, along with award winning cuisine, exceptional service and banquet facilities, set the ideal scene for wedding receptions, private parties and group functions. Members also have access to a private marina and enjoy cruises, dock parties, sailing instruction, camps and a rental fleet.
The 12,000 square-foot Fitness Center showcases a large selection of the highest quality cardiovascular, circuit training and free weight equipment. Personal consultation and instruction are available along with an array of aerobic, yoga, Pilates and Spinning classes. Separate locker rooms are complete with steamroom, sauna, whirlpool and showers. Members also enjoy six pools, including a heated lap pool and separate adult and family pool areas. Family activities offered at Epping Forest Yacht & Country Club include our Cub’s Den nursery, children’s playground, family nights, swim team and many others. On-site tennis professionals are available to teach group and private lessons on six well-manicured, illuminated tennis courts. League play, camps and racquet stringing are also available. The Wheelhouse Café offers quick, full service menu items, seven days a week.