The Newly Renovated Hyatt Regency Bethesda is looking for a stellar Banquet Houseperson to join their team!
The Banquet Houseperson in responsible for the set up, refresh, tear down and maintenance of all meeting space.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
• Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet function space, pre-function space, and storage areas to include the carpet, walls, walks, doors, windows, heating/air conditioning units, etc.
• Maintain the banquet storeroom in a neat and organized manner stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
• Be familiar with fire exit and extinguisher location, and follow all hotel safety rules.
• Breakdown after the completion of functions and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
• Transport and store tables, chairs, and other equipment.
• Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
• Notify management of any hazards.
• Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or related experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Hyatt Regency Bethesda welcomes you to our completely renovated hotel. This recent multi-million dollar transformation includes all new guest rooms and bathrooms, remodeled meetings space including a stunning rooftop event space, and a revitalized lobby in our 12 story atrium. Located in the heart of downtown, our Bethesda, Maryland hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travelers to the Washington DC area. We offer direct access to the Metrorail and several bus routes, and only a short drive from the Georgetown and the most exciting attractions in the Capital region. Host high level meetings or conferences in our meeting space, relax in our brand-new guest rooms and suites, and savor USDA prime aged steaks and seafood at the nationally acclaimed Morton’s, The Steakhouse.