Assist the Food & Beverage department in the planning and management of the Restaurant, Room Service and other food and beverage outlets as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
What you will be doing
- Monitor servers and busperson adherence to all service standards.
- Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service.
- Assist manager to establish and monitor sidework duty completion.
- Read daily communication sheets from previous shift and prepare one for the following shift. Check floor plan for appropriate coverage.
- Check restaurant for cleanliness and set up. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Communicate daily with restaurant manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager in conducting menu classes and taste panels.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Three meal restaurant experience. Hotel food and beverage experience preferred
- Ability to work a flexile schedule including weekends and holidays
- Ability to use point of sale.
- Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pound with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
Collegiate Hotel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.