The purpose of this job is to inspect hotel guestrooms, bathrooms, corridors, and lobbies.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times.
- Assign work to Room Attendants and train personnel in housekeeping duties; may perform cleaning duties.
- Post room occupancy records.
- Adjust guests’ complaints regarding housekeeping service or equipment.
- Write requisitions for room supplies and furniture renovation or replacements.
- Examine carpets, drapes and furniture for stains, damage, or wear.
- Check and count linens and supplies. Aid in budget control through supervision of employees’ use of linen, supplies and equipment.
- Record inspection results and notifies cleaning personnel of inadequacies.
- Communicate with other hotel departments regarding problems which need their attention.
- Ensure key control policies.
- Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Safety and Security
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Policies and Procedures
Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
Follow company and department policies and procedures.
Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
Working with Others
Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Contact Engineering, At Your Service (AYS), Delighted to Serve (DTS), or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Enter status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheets/workboards and/or through the phone system.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area meets designated standards.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following OSHA regulations and corporate standards.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork, including reports, worksheets, activity logs, and checklists.
- Identify room assignments and type of cleaning required for each room based on codes listed on assignment sheets/workboards.
- Request preventative maintenance or non-urgent repairs using appropriate method (e.g., Hotline, Guestware, Mystique, MLR communication).
- Report room status (e.g., Do Not Disturb notice on room, discrepant rooms) to Main Linen Room, Housekeeping manager/supervisor, or Front Desk.
Guest Rooms, Villas, and Suites
Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying “Housekeeping,” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
Report missing hotel/resort property and damages to room to manager/supervisor.
Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order (e.g., hair dryer, television and remote, DVD player, microwave).
Limit access to guest rooms while cleaning by following departmental procedures.
Housekeeping Quality Control
Inspect guest rooms after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards are met.
Communicate with Housekeepers throughout the day to ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time.
- Commitment to exceptional guest service
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Safety Orientation
- Great positive attitude
Education: High School Diploma/GED equivalent
Related Work Experience: At least 1 year of related work experience
Supervisory Experience: No supervisory experience is required