The Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. Hilton offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits. The Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites seeks a motivated hospitality professional as a Line Cook for the hotel's restaurant. This stylish and elegant hotel is located just moments away from some of the City's most popular attractions. The person we seek must be a team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
We're seeking an individual who believes in the importance of providing quality service with a smile and possesses the following skills:
- Consistent safe and sanitary food storage, preparation and cooking. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen and equipment. Adherence to all safety protocols including handling and transportation of foods and knife work.
- Recognize and follow quality standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, dairy products and grains, including proper storage of these items. Effective utilization of leftovers and control of waste.
- Understand and ability to properly use seasonings for a range of culturally diverse foods. Knowledge of common food allergens and their substitutes.
- Cook using a repertoire of cooking methods including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking.
- Produce from scratch menu quality food in appropriate portion size, cut and quantity. Ensures all food is prepared and presented in accordance with appropriate recipes, presentations and with guest orders. Acknowledge any special requests and prepare the menu item accordingly.
- Safe use of supplies and equipment.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
- High school education plus schooling in culinary arts or related major.
- One or more years of related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, and 401k plan. Apply to join us today!
We are an equal opportunity employer.