About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
The Jeremy West Hollywood is turning over a new leaf, and 1 Hotel West Hollywood is sprouting soon. Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
About 1 Hotels:
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. 1 Hotel West Hollywood will be the brand’s first location on the West Coast. All 1 Hotels are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure—and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. Our clothes hangers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. Our room keys come in five different types of recycled wood. Our hotels are home to thousands of different plants. We focus on being more than a brand—we’re a platform for change.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The Food & Beverage Manager supervises daily food & beverage operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists team members on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee engagement and maximize financial performance. Areas of responsibility may include the 3 Meal Dining Restaurant, Lobby Bar, In Room Dining, Mini Bar, Banquets and Pool.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervises and manages team members. Manages all day-to-day operations and understands team member positions well enough to perform duties in team members’ absence. Ensures and maintains the productivity level of team members and ensure quality and that standards meet the expectations of guests daily.
• Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work. Provide the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in food and beverage outlets.
• Manage staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Observe team member service behaviors and provide ongoing feedback.
• Ensure team member recognition is taking place on all shifts and participate in all team member recognition programs. Celebrate successes and publicly recognize the contributions of team members.
• Ensure compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with food handling and sanitation standards. Ensure staff understands applicable local, state and Federal laws and requirements.
• Monitor alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws and ensure staff understands and adheres to all laws and policies related to alcohol sales and consumption.
• Solicit team member feedback, utilize an “open door” policy and review employee engagement results to identify and address team member problems or concerns.
• Stay informed of market trends and introduce new products and services to drive guest engagement, increase revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Oversees the financial aspects of the outlet including purchasing and payment of invoices.
• Ensure proper controls are in place and polices are established and followed by all team members and are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to our standard.
• Provide services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention. Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction and strive to improve service performance.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, provide guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
• Manage service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure. (e.g. greeting from host/ess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment and invitation to return).
• Meet with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food & beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Establish and maintain open, collaborative internal and external relationships and ensure direct reports do the same. Assist team in developing lasting relationships with guests to secure repeat business.
• Provide inspirational leadership to enliven the brands vision and mission.
• Recruit and select talented team members who will enhance the brands culture and demonstrate functional expertise; ensuring staffing levels are appropriate to meet business demands.
• Train department team members; plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline team members; address complaints and resolve problems. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates through coaching, counseling, mentoring, and reviewing performance. Empower team members to deliver the ultimate guest experience.
• Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and inspire others; advocate sound business decisions; demonstrate honesty and integrity; lead by example.
• Build and maintain an organizational culture that maximizes guest and employee engagement and attracts top talent. Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members. Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Walk and stand for an extended period of time through a full shift.
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Clear fluent conversational English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Possess a positive attitude
• Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
• Maintain a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the hotel
• Ability to communicate with the guests and Team Members.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
• A high school degree or GED; 2 years of experience in a comparable position and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Food & Beverage operations; demonstrated strong leadership skills; and proven achievements in optimizing guest and team member engagement and financial performance.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal, team member relations and leadership abilities.
• Well versed in Food & Beverage financial aspects
• Technically savvy and familiar with Food & Beverage operating/budgeting systems and spreadsheets.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with The Jeremy brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation
Some benefits of working with us 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel.
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
• Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
• Enliven the cause by storytelling to guests on sustainable features, following food waste management protocol & recommending menu items with least environmental impact.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Jeremy West Hollywood hotel is the newest kid on the Sunset Strip, featuring killer panoramic views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills. With a remix of welcoming social spaces and an iconic cool aesthetic, The Jeremy West Hollywood hotel cultivates the best of the neighborhood’s vibrantly playful culture.
The Jeremy West Hollywood Hotel rooms and suites offer a simple and sophisticated design to make your LA stay feel effortless. Stay precisely in the center of LA’s most vibrant hub while enjoying thoughtful amenities, complimentary Wi-Fi and stunning, panoramic views of Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills. Let’s go!
Fuel your urban soul with The Jeremy West Hollywood's dining experiences focused on the bounty of Southern California, and enjoy cocktails with a view in the spirit of Hollywood Old or New.
Designed for creative types like you, The Jeremy offers 10,000 square feet of versatile space with a punch of personality. Each of our Hollywood event venues is well-designed for any occasion, from high-tech conferences to press junkets, weddings to social gatherings, film and photo shoots, and more. Large windows and outdoor spaces showcase stunning city skyline and Hollywood Hills views, while interiors offer a modern mix of textures. With refined, California-fresh catering and full-service planning, we take care of the details, so you don’t have to. At The Jeremy, we only do one kind of event…unforgettable.
West Hollywood’s newest kid on the strip with views of the Hollywood Hills. We’ve moved in at the corner of Sunset & La Cienega and are looking for new friends to join us. Looking for a job in West Hollywood? We'd love to hear from you!