posted March 28, 2019Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park - Kitchen
You believe the heart of any home is in the kitchen. You have always had a passion for culinary arts and the skills to take your hunger to the next level. Creativity in the kitchen is where you thrive and when the pressure heats up, you’re cool as a cucumber. Can you picture yourself at Biltmore Farms as a Cook? We can.
Job Title: Prep Cook
Location: Hilton Hotel Kitchen
Reports to: Executive Chef
The prep cook is responsible for preparing hot and cold foods and performing basic prep. Be able to utilize and maintain Hilton standards in every function performed.
· Maintain the highest degree of professionalism and teamwork as per standards of service.
· Maintain uniformed grooming standards as outlined in the employee handbook.
· Produce accurate quantities of food, following the recipes and philosophies set by the Executive Chef.
· Follow production sheets to ensure efficient ordering of food and accurate production. Use products to their full potential, minimizing waste and using proper food rotation principles.
· Inventory to ensure appropriate quantities of food for upcoming business.
· Communicates effectively with peers and supervisors.
· Comply with all sanitation standards and health department regulations.
· Be at station in uniform ready to work at the time shift starts.
· Must wear proper uniform as provided.
· Must leave work area clean and sanitized at the end of each shift.
· Provide assistance in other job classifications as determined necessary by immediate supervisor.
The ideal candidates will possess a degree in a culinary program and have three or more years of full-service dining or banquet cooking experience. Should have knowledge of buffet preparations; line cooking, soups, sauces, etc. Should have a complete working knowledge of the safe and efficient use of all kitchen equipment.
· Some lifting over 25 lbs. required.
· Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and have tolerance to be exposed to hot grills, stoves and ovens.
· Be able to use cleaning solvents and detergents on a daily basis.
· Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and have ability to stoop, bend, turn frequently.
Imagine a place where people support your goals, where opportunities to grow exist, where you're welcomed like family. Picturing ourselves somewhere is the first step to getting there. Go ahead; picture yourself here at Biltmore Farms Hotels. WE SEE YOU HERE TOO.
Combining the best of the past with the brightest of the future is how Biltmore Farms Hotels delivers unmatched hospitality. With local hospitality roots dating back to the 1890s, and inspired by Vanderbilt traditions, Biltmore Farms Hotels is highly regarded for its award-winning guest service, positive work environment, and ideal locations. Properties include Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, Doubletree by Hilton Asheville - Biltmore, Residence Inn Biltmore and Hampton Inn & Suites Biltmore Village. Established in 1987, the family-owned company employs around 150 people.