PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Set up and clear tables, stock all service stations and assist food servers with table service to ensure total guest satisfaction. In addition, to support the Shared Values of the Hotel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
- Quickly clear dirty table wipe it with moist towel or rag for resetting. Promptly and consistently reset all service-ware as prescribed.
- Maintain stock and cleanliness of stations for all meal periods with necessary equipment including silverware, linen and condiments.
- Serve guests with beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish as necessary.
- Transport all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwashing area for proper cleaning.
- Replaces soiled table linens with fresh supply.
- Complete all required side-work.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Langham from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all associates are required to fully support with the Hotel’s Shared Values for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate Hotel Shared Values will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
- Ability to do the same task over and over, frequently in the same way.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to understand verbal English to comprehend basic guest requests. Ability to understand written English to read any caution or safety notices.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 35 lbs.
- Requires considerable repetitive motion of hands, wrists and fingers as relating to carrying, serving, and lifting objects.
- Requires interaction with people as relates to attending to needs, requests or the expressed or implicit wishes of people. Immediate response is required.
- Requires the use of hand tools, and or special devices to work, move, carry objects or materials.
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs to 50 lbs
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be able to effectively work with a variety of internal and external customers and staff.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to ensure event coverage.
- Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
- High School graduate preferred.
- No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
- CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
- Food Handler's Certificate required.