posted August 23, 2019South Seas Island Resort
1. Direct and motivate team; Supervisors, house persons, housekeepers, and special duty, by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance.
2. Ensures quality and standards of Interstate and South Seas Island Resort are met. Establish and inspect for VIP arrival program.
3. Interviews, hires and trains housekeepers in the procedures and techniques to use through Performance training and standards. Training includes detailed instruction on use of chemicals for different surfaces and procedures to report repairs to Engineering. Communicate with Public Areas and review appearance of areas and buildings.
4. Assists with staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Works closely with Trainer to develop a cohesive and customer service oriented staff.
5. Reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers. Communicates daily to Area Manager payroll and expense needs.
6. Monitors attendance and attendance problems, provides coaching and counseling to ensure departmental and corporate policies are adhered to. Monitors and corrects uniform standards.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
For decades, generations of guests have made South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island the vacation destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. Our iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As a quiet retreat, the resort is a destination rich in recreation and wondrous natural beauty. Visitors will feel at home in a variety of accommodations, ranging from comfortable hotel rooms, charming condominiums and cottages, to private homes and villas. A Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine, this inviting oasis allows the discovery of native Florida and its extraordinary splendor.