PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists room attendants in order to maintain Langham high standards of quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
- Empty room attendant carts and guest rooms of dirty linens and trash.
- Stock closets and Room Attendant carts as needed with all supplies and linens as directed.
- Obtain amenities and supplies for room attendants as directed.
- Make up rollaway, sofa beds, and cribs.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls, doors, and carpets.
- Flip mattresses and move furniture such as bed frames, desks, and dressers as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for completing inventory.
- Assist with Turndown Service as needed.
- Complete guest requests or traces.
- Report any defects found in corridors or landings to the Housekeeping Coordinator.
- Maintain supplies kept in storage and in the Housekeeping cages.
- In slow season it is necessary to support in other areas such as laundry and public areas.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Physical activities include kneeling, crouching, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, walking, talking, seeing, hearing, bending, handling, feeling, reaching, stretching, grasping.
- Requires repetitive motion of the hands, wrists, shoulders and back with repeated bending and stooping.
- Ability to work alone in an established routine.
- Ability to push, pull, or lift House Person carts or mattresses weighing up to 200 lbs.
- Ability to push or pull maid carts weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with constant supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
- Some previous hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: